Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in Just 30 Minutes!
I received compensation from Alka-Seltzer® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #MyFoodMoment #CollectiveBias
Lately, Jared and I have been experiencing occasional heartburn. I guess you could chalk it up to eating spicy and savory foods later in the night. Right before he started his new job, we were kind of admittedly “winging” dinner and enjoying takeout past 7 or 8 pm. Not only did this bring on the occasional heartburn for us and it made getting to sleep miserable.
While we have stopped this eating cycle, for the most part, I wanted to be prepared in case it happens again!
In comes the all-new Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies. I found these in the antacid aisle at Walmart. I confess, I know Alka-Seltzer® tablets work so well, but they are not the easiest to chug down. You can save $2 by using this printable coupon.
These Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies are the ONLY product on the market that offers fast relief of heartburn + sleeplessness. They allow Jared and I to enjoy foods like these Sweet Savory 30 Minute Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings with fast relief of occasional heartburn + melatonin for occasional sleeplessness.
Now onto this delicious recipe! I am so stoked to share this family favorite that actually was born from trial and error a few years ago.
I was looking to make a wing sauce that was not too watery and this one fit the bill. While it is not overly thick, it allows the wings to get a sweet and sticky coating that is hard to resist.
These Baked Honey Garlic Wings can be made in the oven and grilled!! Since the weather was not cooperating, I decided to share the oven-baked version today!
If you do grill these, I suggest reducing the time, and coating them throughout the grilling process, and maybe even tossing them with the sauce afterward. I would however, use garlic powder and not minced garlic if you grill them and re-coat them to avoid the harsh raw garlic bite.
I love how yummy these wings turn out, and so do my typically picky kids! Each wing bakes up with a crisp outer and moist inner thanks to the butter and baking powder
Perfectly baked up wings pair wonderfully with summer sides like corn on the cob, and potato salad.
The best part is, you can enjoy these without all the symptoms of occasional heartburn if you take 2 Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies afterward (before bed since they will help you get to sleep).
Want to make these Sweet Savory 30 Minute Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings? Get the recipe below!
What are some spicy foods you avoid due to occasional heartburn?
Pin these for later:
Sweet Savory 30 Minute Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings fresh or frozen-thawed
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup your fave BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper, salt, & onion powder *to taste wings
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- In a bowl, mix the honey, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes-set aside Heat your oven to 400 degrees Place chicken wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss wings with pepper, and baking powder. Coat with melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes-remove from oven. Toss wings with sauce and the return to oven. Turn heat up to 450 for the last 5 mins providing your parchment paper can withstand that temp. Enjoy with potato salad or other summer sides!