Creamy Southwest Potato Salad With Sweet Corn Recipe
This must-try Creamy Southwest Potato Salad features garden-fresh sweet corn, yellow pepper, red onion, egg, and a blend of delicious spices.
Servings: 12 people
- 4 lbs all purpose potatoes washed, peeled, cut into small chunks, boiled
- 1 large yellow bell pepper washed, de-seeded, and chopped
- 2 ears sweet corn steamed or grilled, and then removed from husk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 large eggs hard-boiled, peeled, diced
- 1/4 tsp paprika, cumin, black pepper, salt, garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Add cut potatoes and eggs to boiling water.
Boil egg and potato until tender (about 30 minutes).
Cool off potatoes/eggs with cool water.
Drain water from potato and eggs.
Set aside eggs and peel them.
Add strained potatoes to a large bowl.
Add in chopped egg, bell pepper, onion, sweet corn, and cilantro.
Add in mayo and spices, and combine until creamy and fully mixed.
Cover bowl and place it in the fridge until chilled. This is best the next day or after a few hours after the flavors have really melded.
This potato salad is best served chilled. Fro best taste, it lasts for up to 3 days covered tightly in the fridge.
Nutritional values are meant to be a guide and may not reflect actual values.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 173cal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 5mg