The Best Taco Meat Recipe Ever!
A true blenditarian recipe. This ground mushroom and beef taco meat mixture is so flavorful and your family will not even be able to taste the difference. Stretch your ground beef thanks to this easy recipe hack.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 lbs 80% ground beef
- 1 lb brown or white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons organic taco seasoning *use can use non-organic if you prefer
- 12 count white corn taco shells
- 2 cups organic greens *use can use non-organic if you prefer
- 1/4 cup olives sliced
- 2 whole Plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
Ground mushrooms up in a food processor.
Once done, add them to a large skillet with olive oil and beef.
Cook until beef is browned; about 8 or so minutes over medium heat.
Turn stove off, and then carefully drain grease into a glass bowl. I use a turkey baster to cautiously remove the grease and add it into a ceramic or glass cup. I then allow it to harden before throwing it out. Grease is very harmful for drains and will reek havoc if you continuously dump grease down.
Once excess grease is removed, add taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup of water to drained mixture, and cook over low heat and allow it to simmer.
Prepare your tacos when you all are ready to eat. Add fresh veggies as wanted, and enjoy!