Chili Fish & French Fry Cheese Melts
A warm, sweet and savory cheese melt sandwich that will play with your taste buds in only the tastiest way possible.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 box Gorton's Go Saucy! Sweet Chili Cook according to instructions for conventional oven
- 6 slices Jalapeno Jack cheese cut at 1/4" from a block cheese
- 6 slices Sharp Cheddar cut at 1/4" from a block cheese
- 1 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 8 slices kalamata olive bread ciabatta bread also will work well
- 1 cup sweet potato french fries *Cooked simultaneously with Gortons
Pre-Heat oven according the the instructions for the Gorton's Go Saucy product (425 degrees f.).
Arrange fish pieces on baking tray alongside french fries. Flip halfway through baking.
Meanwhile, line 4 slices of bread with cheese slices. I formed a triangle with the slices to ensure all the bread was covered.
Sprinkle each slice with green onion.
Once fish and fries are done. Turn off the oven, and line the sandwiches with the fries and fish.
Drizzle the Sweet Chili Sauce (included with Gortons Go Saucy! products) over the fish pieces.
Cover bread, and places sandwiches on the baking tray
Bake using the residual oven heat for 3-5 mins or until cheese is bubbly and melty.
Serve warm & enjoy!