Honey BBQ Chicken
A tangy, and thick honey BBQ sauce made with stevia. This low-sugar BBQ sauce is perfect for chicken. Make 2 1/2 cups of sauce.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons of finely diced red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of reduced sugar ketchup
- 1/2 cup Truvia Spoonable
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
In a medium saucepan, saute your garlic and onion with the olive oil for 3-5 minutes on med/low heat.
In a large bowl combine all the sauce components, and spices.
Add sauce mixture to the saucepan and simmer on low for 30 minutes
Once the sauce is done you can put it in a mason jar and allow the flavors to really meld. This can be done a day or two in advance!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 63cal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg