This delicious sweet Apple Dessert Pizza features fresh, caramelized apples, and a homemade pizza dough ready in under 30 minutes tops! It is the perfect dessert to enjoy with the family.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItYourself #CollectiveBias #BakeFromScratch
There is nothing better than homemade desserts. Once the cooler weather hits, all I can think about is baking! Making homemade sweet treats like this Apple Dessert Pizza is one of my favorite things to do!
I don’t know about you, but pizza is one of my favorite foods! There is nothing yummier than homemade pizza–especially dessert pizza-can I get an amen?
Using quality ingredients like Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast makes the perfect, 30-minute pizza! Being someone who gets overwhelmed by yeast, this product made the pizza making process so much less labor intensive.
What is Apple Crumble Dessert Pizza?
Apple dessert pizza is a delicious pizza that features sweet, caramelized apples, a sweet crumb topping, and vanilla icing. If you love cinnamon bread sticks & apple pie, this recipe is for you! It is sweet and features fresh, homemade pizza dough.
How to Make Pizza with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
You can find the full directions for this recipe in the printable recipe card below. However, I wanted to share some tips for working with this yeast.
Since pizza making has several steps, the best thing you can do is prepare your work area. Getting all your ingredients prepared and ready is key to not becoming stressed in the kitchen.
Supplies needed for Pizza Making
- Pizza Stone
- Stand Mixer
- Large Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cups/Spoons
- Small Skillet
- Mixing bowl
- Peeler (for apples)
Making sure you have very warm water (but not hot) is key! Using a thermometer can help you get your 2/3 cup very warm water to exactly 120° to 130°F.
I used a standard stand mixer with a dough hook to make the pizza dough. This makes the process simplified.
A preheated pizza stone sprinkled with corn meal makes the removal of your pizza easy. You do not need to spray a pizza stone with nonstick spray. The corn meal serves as your nonstick agent. Flour also works, but corn meal is the best in my opinion.
By forming your pizza (after the dough has rested *see recipe card) on a corn meal dusted back side of a baking sheet, you can easily slide it onto your preheated pizza stone. Of course, you can also use a pizza spatula if you have one.
This pizza only takes 15 minutes or less to bake up to a golden brown.
Easiest Vanilla Icing Hack
The quickest way to get easy vanilla icing is to warm store bought frosting. I microwaved 1/2 cup of canned vanilla frosting for 30 seconds. Once it was warmed, I added it to a zipper bag, snipped a corner, and iced my pizza.
Why We Prefer Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
For over 150 years, Fleischmann’s® has made baking quality, yeast recipes like pizza dough, bread, and more so easy and delicious! We loved the taste, texture and flavor of this pizza dough and are saving the dough-base as a keeper for future pizza creations.
*Always remember to follow instructions on your yeast package–namely the warm water step. Check to make sure your yeast is not expired, which is a common cause of yeast not rising.
Enjoy your #HomemadePizzaDough recipe!
Sweet Apple Dessert Pizza
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour Ours required the full 2 1/2 cups. You will need a additional amount to flour your work area.
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1-1/2 tsps sugar
- 3/4 tsps salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 3 tbsps canola oil
- 1/3 cup corn meal for dusting pizza stone
- 2 apples Macintosh or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter softened, keep one tablespoon separate
- 3 tbsps brown sugar keep portions separate
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsps butter softened
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- Add chopped apples, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and butter to a skillet, and cook until apples are tender. It will take about 5 minutes over medium heat. Apples will caramelize in a slightly thick, brown sauce. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine one cup of all-purpose flour, Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Whisk until combined, and then add to a stand mixer.
- Add very warm water, and oil to dry mixture. Turn mixer on medium speed, and using dough hook, start to work the mixture.
- Slowly add in remaining flour. For this recipe, I did use the full 2 1/4 cups of flour for the perfect consistency.
- Dough will start to form a ball on the hook and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface. If dough is too sticky sprinkle additional flour on it and work into the dough.
- Allow Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Once it has rested, sprinkle half the cornmeal on your pizza stone and put it in the oven.
- Sprinkle the remaining cornmeal on the back of a baking sheet.
- Stretch and form dough ball into a 12-14" pizza crust; set aside.
Apple Crumble Topping
- In a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons of softened butter, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Using clean hand, work mixture into crumbles.
- Top pizza with cooked apples and sauce.
- Sprinkle pizza with crumble topping.
- Remove pizza stone from oven safely with oven mitts.
- Carefully slide pizza off the baking sheet onto the corn meal dusted pizza stone.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes total.
- Once done, remove stone from oven.
- Allow pizza to cool before icing.
- Add frosting to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour warm frosting into a zippered bag.
- Snip tip off the bag, and ice the pizza.
- Slice into 8 pieces, and enjoy warm.