Cheeseburger Biscuit Casserole is a comforting dinner idea where raw biscuits are baked on cheeseburger casserole.
When it comes to making foods that my picky eaters will actually enjoy, my secret weapon is none other than ketchup.
Back when I was younger, I could not eat things like potatoes, dry meats, or eggs without a healthy swirl of this seemingly magical condiment.
Flash forward some odd years and I guess my kids take after me.
Ketchup helps transform foods like broccoli into edible morsels, and makes dishes like cheeseburger casserole a hit.
Want to make this Cheeseburger Casserole for your family? Here is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 28 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 large White Sweet Onion- diced
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup French’s Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup French’s Ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- 1 can jumbo biscuits should come with 6
- In a large skillet, cook the hamburger and onion until browned
- Drain excess fat
- Return beef to the skillet, and add in the crushed tomatoes, flour, pepper, pickles, mustard, ketchup
- Mix and add mixture to a medium sized casserole dish
- Top with cheese, and raw biscuits. I cut two biscuits into strips because I did have extra to cover the whole top.
- Bake the length of time and temperature the biscuits need to bake
- Serve Warm with an extra swirl of French’s Ketchup