Cheeseburger Biscuit Casserole is a comforting dinner idea where raw biscuits are baked on cheeseburger casserole.
When it comes to making foods that my picky eaters will actually enjoy, my secret weapon is none other than ketchup.
Back when I was younger, I could not eat things like potatoes, dry meats, or eggs without a healthy swirl of this seemingly magical condiment.
Flash forward some odd years and I guess my kids take after me.
Ketchup helps transform foods like broccoli into edible morsels, and makes dishes like cheeseburger casserole a hit.
Want to make this Cheeseburger Casserole for your family? Here is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 28 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 large White Sweet Onion- diced
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup French’s Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup French’s Ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- 1 can jumbo biscuits should come with 6
- In a large skillet, cook the hamburger and onion until browned
- Drain excess fat
- Return beef to the skillet, and add in the crushed tomatoes, flour, pepper, pickles, mustard, ketchup
- Mix and add mixture to a medium sized casserole dish
- Top with cheese, and raw biscuits. I cut two biscuits into strips because I did have extra to cover the whole top.
- Bake the length of time and temperature the biscuits need to bake
- Serve Warm with an extra swirl of French’s Ketchup
I have never seen or heard of anything like this! Looks delicious and worth a shot! Thanks for sharing. ;)
Toni | Boulder Locavore says
This looks delicious! Would be a great dinner for tonight!
This is definitely a new recipe we’ll be trying. It looks delicious! I can’t wait to test it on my family.
Ketchup is a condiment that’s seeminly magical for generation after generation. It’s so great that French’s has a partnership with Feeding America. And also great that French’s uses real ingredients. A win-win!
Liz Mays says
This is such a fun meal and I know my family would like it. The guys especially would be all over this!
Claudia Krusch says
This cheeseburger casserole looks delicious and easy to make. I will have to get the ingredients I need to make some this weekend. I always buy French’s Ketchup.
I really like French’s Ketchup. I made the switch before Christmas and never went back. I will have to give this casserole recipe a try.
My family would love this cheeseburger casserole especially my son. He sure does love his ketchup.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
That looks so good! Cheeseburgers are delicious. Casseroles are delicious. Perfect!
Sarah Bailey says
We don’t really eat cheeseburgers much but this looks delicious. I may have to give it a try soon!
Jeni Hawkins says
This casserole looks amazing. My kids love cheeseburgers and this looks like something that they would gobble right up.
OH my goodness, this looks amazing! I’m adding it to my list of dinner ideas for our meal plan. I’ll be giving this a try.
Diana Rambles says
What a yummy looking casserole. My guys would love the buns on top.
Oh my gosh that looks so yummy! I was trying to find a creative way to make dinner tonight and I think I just found it.
robin Rue says
I make something similar called a cheeseburger pie, but I like yours better. I am going to have to try it.