A moist and rich chocolate mayonnaise cake recipe featuring extra velvety chocolate mayonnaise frosting. This cake is loaded with a rich flavor and tasty, moist texture. It is a delicious dessert to bake up anytime of year.
Have you ever had chocolate mayonnaise cake?
No, I am not playing with you!
YES, this is a real thing.
I know my husband and kids were all sorts of shocked and slightly freaked when I told them I was making a chocolate cake out of mayonnaise.
But, in all reality chocolate mayonnaise cake is super moist, and delicious! When you pair it with frosting made out of mayonnaise you really get a rich and decadent chocolate cake!
While these burgers were oh, so good–let’s get on to the good stuff–DESSERT.
Who doesn’t love dessert? I know I love a homemade, from-scratch chocolate cake with homemade frosting.
Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake with Mayonnaise frosting–anyone?
Before you snub the recipe, let me tell you–this is amazing!
I love how moist, easy, and decadent this cake and frosting combo were. Who would have thought that Hellman’s Mayonnaise could help to produce the BEST chocolate cake ever?
For my chocolate mayo cake, I added some fresh cherries on top. You can omit those or add another topping that you fancy. This recipe can also be made into chocolate cupcakes as well.
I love how velvet- like the cake was and the frosting–that tastes just like chocolate ganache!
You can even turn this recipe into rich Devil’s Food Cake tasting cupcakes!
Use this recipe below, but bake them 14-16 minutes. Frost them once they are cooled. Learn more about how to make Mayonnaise Cupcakes on our sister site.
Chocolate Cake & Frosting Made out of Mayonnaise
- Mixing Bowls
- stand mixer
- bundt cake pan
- Measuring Cups & spoons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ⅓ cups water room temperature
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a Bundt pan generously with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda-set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in mayonnaise at lower speed until blended.
- Alternate adding in the water and flour mixture starting with the flour mixture, and ending with the flour mixture. Combine until there are no more flour streaks.
- Pour batter into the Bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, allow to cool completely before removing from the cake pan.
- In a stand mixer, add all ingredients and whip until well combined and creamy-about 1 minute. Frosting will be thick, creamy and ganache-like.
- Frost cake using a rubber spatula or your favorite frosting tools. Keep this cake refrigerated.