A fresh and easy meal to enjoy while doing the Daniel Plan (not the Daniel Fast). Thank you Butcher Box for making this meal possible. All views expressed are our own.
Last week my husband and I decided we were going to be committing to the Daniel Plan this year. We have heard of the Daniel Plan Detox in the past, but that was too strict for us. With the Daniel Plan we can totally adhere to the guidelines thanks to companies like ButcherBox.
ButcherBox is quite possibly the MOST Helpful company when it comes to the Daniel Plan. They offer grass fed beef, organic pastured chicken, and Heritage Breed Pork. Their boxes are delivered on your watch and it is less than $6.50 a meal. Each monthly box is curated to contain only the best meat selections.
This is super helpful to someone like myself who wants to eat healthy proteins but does not have easy access to them in-store. Each monthly delivery flash frozen, and packaged to be eco-friendly. You can also cancel anytime which is awesome! You really have NOTHING to lose with ButcherBox. Each box contains 7-10lbs of organic, grass fed meat which can make 15-20 meal portions.
Perfect for meal prep people like myself!
Since chicken tenders are the easiest form of chicken to meal prep with, I decided to use this protein first.
Paired with some veggies like sweet potato, red onion, sweet peppers, squash, zucchini, and you have a tasty meal!
The best part? This Daniel Plan Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables is easy to make, and requires just one pan. I even used parchment paper to make things so simple! Since I wanted to make 6 total meals (paired with brown rice) I made two sheets pans worth of chicken.
Want to recreate this Daniel Plan Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables? Here is what you will need:
Daniel Plan Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetables
- 2 lbs Organic Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon all seasoning * a blend of onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, pepper, and salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel, and prick your sweet potatoes with a fork. Pre-cook them in a microwave for 8 mins to soften them. Once they are done, slice them into chunks and lay them on your parchment lined sheet pans. *see above for sheet pan sizes.
- Chop all your veggies, and add them to the sheet pan. I chopped mine in average sized chunks. About 1/4 inch for the squash/zucchini
- Slice chicken into about 1 inch pieces
- Place on the sheet
- Sprinkle oil evenly over the chicken and veggies
- Sprinkle herbs over food evenly
- Toss to coat and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- You will want to flip the chicken and veggies over after 10 mins
- A total cooking time of 20 mins will produce tasty veggies that are not overly mushy and some moist chicken.
- I stretched this by adding 1 cup of cooked whole grain brown rice to each meal portion.
Want to try ButcherBox? We have a special deal for our readers! Right now you can save $10 on your first box and get FREE Bacon!!! What do you have to lose? Saving money and FREE meat are two things I can get behind!