This delicious Taco Salad can be made easily at home and tastes very similar to Taco Bell Taco Salad. This recipe can be made to feed as little as 2 or a small crowd.
When dinner time strikes, sometimes I don’t have a plan. More likely than not, I just don’t feel like the same old chicken or beef dishes. I mean really, baked chicken and meatballs can only be served so many time before I get the looks.
Recipes, cooking tips, and tricks and even giveaways are some of the exciting things I can find in the Kraft Food Hub. That is where the inspiration for this Easy Taco Salad recipe came from.
My family loves Taco Salad, but it usually is a bit different than this recipe I found in the Kraft a Food Hub.
The Easy Taco Salad recipe can be made quick and is fairly simple! It’s the perfect “meal before the storm” type dish too. We here in New England are suppose to be getting one whopper of a storm tonight into Wednesday–how fun!
I figured I’d make dinner early an anticipate some leftovers for lunch on tomorrow. Hopefully this taco salad lasts because boy did it smell good when I was photographing it!
- Lean Ground Beef- 1 1/2 lbs
- Taco Bell Taco Seasoning- 1 packet
- Kraft Cheddar Shreds- 1 bag
- Kraft Ranch Dressing- 1 bottle *Can also use French dressing
- Tomatoes- 3 diced
- Salad Mix or Lettuce- 1 head shredded
- Corn Tortilla Chips- 3 cups *You can also use Doritos
Of course, I catered this recipe to meet my family of fives needs. If you need to make more you can easily increase the ingredients, or decrease them.
To start, brown your hamburger meat in a large skillet.
Drain excess grease (fat) once it is fully cooked. Return meat to skillet.
Over medium heat, add 1/3 cup of water, and the Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix; stir thoroughly.
Shred lettuce, and diced tomatoes if necessary.
Prepare a large serving dish to place the taco salad in.
I alternated lettuce, meat, cheese, tomato and chips.
The beauty of this meal is that it can be made ahead of time sans the chips. I recommend adding the chips in right before you eat to keep them nice and crispy.
Also, drizzle the ranch on each serving to meet everyone’s taste. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe! Hope you enjoyed our version of this Taco Bell Taco Salad.
Easy Taco Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 pouch Taco Bell Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 shredded Cheddar
- 8 ounces ranch Dressing
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups corn Tortilla Chips
- To start, brown your hamburger meat in a large skillet. Cook until fully browned.
- Drain excess grease before adding water and spices. Return meat to the skillet.
- Over medium heat, add 1/3 cup of water, and the Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix; stir thoroughly.
- Shred lettuce, and dice tomatoes.
- Prepare a large serving dish to place the taco salad in.
- I alternated lettuce, meat, cheese, tomato and corn chips.
- Swizzle with Ranch before serving. * You can also use French dressing.