Fruit Salad in a Jar is an easy way to enjoy fresh cut fruit salad on the go. Make this colorful salad for a healthier snack to enjoy at home or at work. All you need is a mason jar with a lid, fruit, and a fork!
Do you love colorful fruit salad as much as I do? During the warmer months fruit salad becomes such a staple in our home. It is just so versatile and delicious.
Fruit Salad in a Mason Jar
Adding fruit salad to a mason jar is the perfect way to get your fruit nutrition in on the go to avoid drive throughs. Simply pack your jar with an ice pack and fork for a healthy treat on the go.
I prefer using glass mason jars because they do not contain plastic which can not only harbor bacteria, but can leave food tasting like whatever might have been stored in it last.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my plastic storage containers, but have you ever stored onions in them? That smell is so hard to kick!
Fruit Recipes You’ll Love
Another way I make sure that my body stays in top shape is by eating right. Fruits are truly nature’s candy and are some of my favorite foods to enjoy this summer.
Since we are always on the go, I like to make large batches of fresh fruit salad and store them in mason jars with a fork an easy on the go snack.
Fruit Salad in a Jar Ingredients
- 1 small cantaloupe cut into smaller chunks
- 1 pineapple cut into chunks
- 2 kiwi fruit cut into smaller chunks
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of red raspberries
- 1 banana *better to use this fruit if you are consuming this salad the same day since it tends to get mushy.
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
How to Make Fruit Salad in a Jar Directions:
After peeling, coring, and cutting your fruit salad into chunks add them to a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of honey and toss with lime juice.
Store in mason jars with an elastic wrapped around the lid so a fork can easily be inserted.
Store in the fridge for up to three days and enjoy!
I love the idea of fruit salad in a mason jar because I can enjoy this snack on the go this summer.
Fruit Salad in a Jar
- 2 cups cantaloupe
- 2 cups pineapple
- 3/4 cup kiwi
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup red raspberry
- 1 banana *if you eat it the same day
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- After peeling, coring, and cutting your fruit salad into chunks add them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of honey and toss with lime juice.
- Fill (7) 8 ounce mason jars with fruit.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week. However, I find it best to eat them within 5 days for ultimate flavor.
I am not a medical expert, and this post is not medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. ©Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.