Goldfish® Cracker Crusted Baked Cod is a delicious dinner recipe that features an easy cracker crust. This dish pairs well with side dishes like baked fries, potatoes, or a salad.
One of my children’s favorite things to do is to help me in the kitchen. It doesn’t matter if they are pouring drinks, helping me stir scrambled eggs, or prepare snacks; they enjoy it all.
My son especially takes after me because he loves being my official kitchen side kick. I admit, I was just as eager as he was when I was his age, so I cherish every moment where he wants to help.
Just last week, he helped me to prepare some Goldfish® Cracker Crusted Baked Cod, which turned out absolutely amazing. My son was so excited to cook with his favorite snack which happens to be Cheddar Goldfish Crackers.
He loves to eat them as an afternoon snack because they are not only tasty, but super cute, and appealing to all ages. When he found out they were going to be used as a topping for his favorite dinner meal he was all smiles, and eager to get dinner started.
Earlier that week, we picked up two bulk packages of Goldfish crackers at Walmart. They are on rollback, and can be conveniently found in the snack aisle.
As a parent, I love that they make my son smile, which in turn melts my heart. He loves his daily bowl of Goldfish crackers. Plus, the fact that they also come in many varieties is awesome because it helps keep my kids guessing at which flavor I will bring home each week.
Our kids not only love the snack Goldfish crackers, but they also like actual baked fish too. Typically, I like to prepare it with a buttered cracker crust, but I thought it would be fun to use crushed Cheddar Goldfish crackers to mix things up.
My son thought it would be a blast too so we headed to the kitchen and got to work.
Goldfish® Cracker Crusted Baked Cod
- 2 lbs of cod fish cut into serving-size portions
- 2 cups of Cheddar Goldfish® crackers
- 2 tablespoons of butter cut into little chunks
- 1/4 tsp Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of green onion diced small
- Heat over to 350 degrees f.
- Place Cheddar Goldfish® crackers into a food process, and blend until finely ground.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add fish pieces to the paper.
- Evenly coat each portion of fish with cracker crumbs.
- Place 2-3 pieces of butter evenly on each piece of fish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each piece.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with a tasty side dish.
The end result was a baked cod meal that was so good, all my family members enjoyed it!
Cracker Crusted Baked Cod recipe is not only easy, but very kid-friendly. We served our with a baked potato and broccoli which complemented it well.