Grilled Steak Quesadillas Recipe
Summer is all about warmer weather, sunshine, and grilling. Here at our home, we try to eat grilled meals whenever possible in the summer months because it allows the kitchen to stay cooler. We are still living in our original home now which has no central air. With just 3 AC units, the kitchen area tends to heat up mega quickly, and retain heat! That is why meals like these Grilled Steak Quesadillas are ideal!
Quesadillas are one of them foods that can really vary in flavor. You can use many proteins like chicken, beef, beans or simply cheese. Four out of the five members in my family love grilled steak quesadillas, so I wanted to share with you how easy they are to prepare. –Especially now that I stumble across Pop & Cook products.
These frozen garlic, onion, and herb products can be found exclusively at Walmart in the frozen vegetable section. They come in little trays that are very easy to use.
Simply “pop” out each section of garlic, onion, or herbs you want to use and then cook.
One “pop” of garlic is equivalent to 1 clove.
You can easily add these frozen tiny cubes to a frying pan, or you can allow them to defrost at room temperature for a few minutes if you wants them softer for a marinade or spread.
Since I was marinading my steak, I allowed my garlic to thaw a little which made it easier to rub onto my steak.
I love to marinade my steaks for quesadillas with herbs and spices to get the most flavor out of cheaper steak cuts.
However, let me make it clear that I hate mincing things like garlic because it gets so time consuming and sticky.
The garlic peels seem to stick to everything and it takes forever to get my few cloves of garlic actually minced.
Thankfully Pop & Cook is so easy to use – just pop, and cook! Plus, they cost like $2 or less at Walmart which fits my budget!
Want to make these Grilled Steak Quesadillas? Check out the recipe below!
Will you be on the lookout for Pop & Cook at your local Walmart?
Grilled Steak Quesadillas
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) 1 for onions & pepper & 1 for marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 pops (cloves) Pop & Cook Garlic thawed
- 1/2 tsp paprika, steak seasoning, black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 10 small flour quesadilla tortillas
- 1 medium red onion peeled, and sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced thin
- sour cream use as needed
- salsa use as needed
- Add steak, lime juice, spices, 1 tablespoon oil, and garlic to a bowl to marinade for at least 1-2 hours.
- Once it is done marinating, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss veggies with oil and place them into a grill pan- place them on the grill-cook until semi-soft.
- Place steak on the hot grill grates and cook to desired temperature.
- Remove steak from grill (lower grill heat) and allow it to rest for 10 mins.
- Slice steak into 1/2" thick slices.
- Set up five quesadillas by adding veggies, steak, and a sprinkle of cheese on each.
- Press tops over each and add them to a flat tray.
- Bring them to the grill and carefully slide them onto low heat grill grates.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 mins or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
- Cut into quarters and serve with salsa & sour cream.
Stephanie Raffaele says
This recipe looks very delicious. It won’t be a bad idea for me to try it out this weekend. Thank you!
Albert Trotter says
i have tried it and it was so yummy and juice ,everyone loved it thanks for sharing
Dawn Lopez says
I am absolutely DROOLING over these steak quesadillas! I think those pop and cook garlic cubes look like a very handy ingredient to keep in stock. I use garlic for so many recipes.
Love that the garlic in cubes! One of my least favorite things is mincing up garlic, so this is perfect.
Claudia Krusch says
These Grilled Steak Quesadillas look so delicious and easy to make. I need to pick up some of these pop and cook cubes. They will be so handy in so many recipes.
Kelly Hutchinson says
Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering! I could seriously eat quesadillas every day! I love the convenience of the Pop and Cook. Brilliant!
Ladonna Dennis Maxwell says
I love quesadillas and I love grilled steak! Combine the 2 and you’ve got a winner! I love the Pop&Cook Cubes!
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
These look so good! My husband grills almost every weekend, and I think these need to be a part of that this weekend.
These look amazing!! I had no idea you could purchase already-grilled onions! Talk about an easy meal!