Fluffy, moist, tiny pancake bites are flavored perfectly with pumpkin and are baked in a mini muffin tin. Served alongside maple syrup, these mini pancake bites or muffins make a delightful breakfast or snack! Simple to whip up and featuring premade pancake mix, kids and adults alike enjoy them.
It’s that time of year again! Fall is in the air and pumpkin spice everything is in full swing. What better way to celebrate than with these mini pumpkin pancakes bites? These little guys are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack and they’re easy enough to whip up anytime you need a pick me up. You can even freeze them so you’ll always have some on hand when you want something sweet and satisfying, but don’t want to spend time baking!
I love making these treats because they store so well in the fridge for a couple of days or even the freezer. They are pretty inexpensive to whip up and can be made with various additions like nuts or even mini chocolate chips.
Pancake Bites Made in a Muffin Tin
I don’t know about you, but I love making recipes in muffin tins. Heck, I even own the site MuffinTinRecipes.com which features recipes of all types baked in muffin pans. There is just an ease of using a muffin tin to bake simple snacks like these mini pancakes. You just need a quality, non-stick muffin pan and some baking spray, butter, or shortening to grease the pan so these pop right out of the tin (liners are not required).
Perfect for toddlers, kids, or even adults trying to portion control, these little muffin bites are perfect for a meal or snack! Plus, you can make them plain with pantry staples including your favorite store-bought pancake mix (we love Birchbenders) or homemade dry mix. This is my favorite 4 ingredient homemade pancake recipe if you need somewhere to start.
Mini Pancake Muffin Ingredients
This recipe comes together pretty easily with pantry staples. If you want to make a batch, you’ll need the below items.
- Pancake Batter – A just add water type works best for this exact recipe, however, you can use a dry mix with the add-ins listed in the recipe card below. If you’re making plain bites, feel free to use the milk and eggs variety of mix.
- Eggs – Two large eggs help to moisten and bind the ingredients for a spring, fluffy little bite.
- Milk – I prefer using whole milk, but you can use any type including skim, or almond milk.
- Pumpkin – To get their pretty burnt orange coloring, and flavor these bites use pureed pumpkin.
- Pumpkin spice – While you can make your own blend, I use the premade mix which includes cinnamon, clove, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Vanilla extract – All good baked goods contain some vanilla extract and these are no exception.
- Sugar – These are not overly sweet muffins and require a minimal amount of sugar. Pairing them with maple syrup is a great idea.
- Salt – enhances and balances the flavors of the ingredients.
How to Make Mini Pancake Bites
Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin pan with nonstick spray. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and make sure the oven is adjusted to the center rack position. You always want to make sure you check the rack position just in case it was moved to broil something. Whisk together all the ingredients until smooth and combined.
Using a mini tablespoon scooper, add batter to each mini muffin tin spot.
You can go up to almost the top of each space. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Pancake bites will be fluffy and feel firm. Allow bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. Serve warm with some syrup for dipping.
As you can see, these were pretty easy to make–so much so that a child could help or even bake these with minimal supervision.
Want to mix things up with your pancake bites? Check out some variations that would be yummy!
- Add nuts like walnuts, pecans, or chopped almonds.
- Use mini or traditional chocolate chips.
- Adds fresh berries to plain varieties of these mini pancake muffins.
- Add some chocolate or white sprinkles.
- Add chopped apples.
- Raisins or dried cranberries would also be yummy!
- Make these larger in a standard-sized muffin tin.
- Simply use the recipe to make standard pancakes.
The mix-in possibilities and flavors are endless!
Once you have baked up your desired amount of pancake bites, chances are you probably won’t have much left because they are so good. However, if you’re meal prepping these are a smart idea! Simply bake your mini pancake muffins, and place them on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer and allow the muffins to freeze until firm. Once they’re frozen throw them into a zippered bag to keep in your freezer for up to 3 months…until you eat all of them because they’re so good! ;) Enjoy!
More Yummy Pumpkin Recipes to Try
Looking for more tasty pumpkin treats? Check out some of our favorite recipes below.
- Chewy Pumpkin Chip Cookies
- Iced Pumpkin Turnovers
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Snowball Cookies
- Jumbo Pumpkin Muffins
Mini Pumpkin Pancake Bites
- 24-count muffin tin
- Oven (adjusted to center rack position)
- large-size mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups & spoons
- tablespoon-sized cookie scooper
- 2 cups Birch Benders Pancake and Waffle Mix or any complete pancake mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and make sure the oven is adjusted to the center rack position. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tin pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together all the ingredients until smooth and combined.
- Using a mini tablespoon scooper, add batter to each mini muffin tin spot. You can go up to almost the top of each space.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Pancake bites will be fluffy and feel firm.
- Allow bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Serve warm with some syrup for dipping.