Thank you to the Mushroom Council for sponsoring this post. Make the pledge to be a blenditarian and share what drives you to do better!
This year, I discovered just how delicious blending mushrooms into meat was. I guess you can say that I am officially a blenditarian!
Blend•i•tar•i•an – / ,blend-ǝ-‘ter-ē- ǝn / noun / one who believes that the mighty, meaty mushroom makes meals more delicious, nutritious and sustainable!
I love how tasty, flavorful, and hearty blending mushrooms and meat together truly is!
You see, my kids are so picky and will not eat poor little mushrooms by themselves, BUT when I blend mushrooms into meals like Cheese Stuffed Meatballs, and Tacos–they have NO idea! They happily gobble it up and typically request seconds.
Yesterday, I made these Mushroom & Meat Nachos Supreme Recipe and guess what? They raved about how yummy they were.
I definitely don’t want to ruin my little blenditarian secret so I did not tell them that they were eating 1 part meat, 1 part ground mushrooms!
These Mushroom & Meat Nachos Supreme were such a treat! I had to make two batches: one for Jared and I, and one for the kids. But, it was so EASY! I actually prepped the mushroom and meat mixture in the morning, pan-fried it with one packet of taco seasoning, and then popped it into the fridge. Allowing the flavors to meld all day really worked to my benefit too!
When dinner time strolled around, we had such thick, hearty meat to add to our veggie and cheese topped nachos! What a score!
Of course, this meat also is what you could stuff tacos or burritos with too!
The avocado, fresh tomato, green onion, cheese, sour cream and meat blend came together so well.
This Mushroom & Meat Nachos Supreme Recipe is one that I want, and need to recreate again soon!
If you love meat nachos, try these blended mushroom and meat nachos and you will also be a blenditarian!
Pin these for later!
Mushroom & Meat Nachos Supreme Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground hamburger meat
- 1 packet taco seasoning spice
- 1 small package of white mushrooms
- 1 bag corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup cherries tomatoes halved
- 1 whole Avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Wash & blend mushrooms in a food processor until pureed.
- Add the meat & ground mushrooms to a skillet.
- Cook until meat is fully browned.
- Add in taco seasoning packet – there should be enough moisture in it pan to combine the spice.
- Arrange tortilla chips in a skillet
- Top with veggies, meat, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy warm!