4th of July Fireworks Cupcakes
These 4th of July Fireworks Cupcakes feature a surprise inside! Not only are they super Patriotic, but they are also filled with red, white, and blue Skittles! This post contains affiliate links.
Summer is one of my favorite months because it is a time to enjoy warm weather, friends, and all things patriotic. From flags waving on parade routes, to colorful fireworks lighting up the night sky; I just love the summertime. In our home, we celebrate our patriotism all year round, but there is just something so enjoyable about displaying our countries red, white, and blue colors during the summer season.
I really think the folks at Skittles read my mind when they created their latest Skittles America Mix. For years, I wished they had a coveted blue colored candy for sweet treats like my Patriotic Surprise Firework Cupcakes. They had the red color Skittle which is my favorite, but no blue flavors. Thankfully, the Skittles America Mix features 5 delicious flavors including: Wild Berry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, and Yumberry. There are two shades of blue, two shades of red, and white which will really be the perfect addition to your summer sweet treats, candy bars, and more!
I purchased two 41 ounce bags of limited edition Skittles America Mix on Skittles America Mix using Prime. I just love Prime because my orders ship within 2 days, and they always arrive in perfect condition. I wanted two bags because I know I will be using them throughout the summer for kids crafts, decor, and sweets.
The flavors are also so tasty that they are great as a mid-day snack when you need something sweet!
They also pair well with the melted chocolate candies I used to add the “firework” flair to these cupcakes.
Patriotic Surprise Firework Cupcakes
- 1 box boxed cake mix prepared (baked) according to instructions
- 12 ounces vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups Skittles America Mix
- 1 cup candy melts red
- 1 cup candy melts blue
- 1 cup candy melts white
- Bake your cupcakes according to the box instructions
- After they are done, allow them to fully cool before carefully cutting out the middles.
- Once cooled, using a butter knife, cut about a 3/4 inch circle in each center. This will be where you insert your Skittles America Mix candies.
- Insert your candies into each cupcake, and either eat or dispose of the middles.
- Using a large star tip, frost each cupcake covering up the middles completely.
- In 3 sep. microwaveable bowl, melt your candies in 2 intervals of 20 seconds; stirring between each round.
- Once they are melted, add them to a quality zippered bag and snip the tip on one end of each
- Add Skittles to each cupcake, and carefulyl swizzle a tiny bit of each melted candy on your cupcakes-place in fridge to set
- For the Fireworks:
- To make candy fireworks, simply pipe them out on wax paper-red, blue, then white-place in refrigerator immediately.
I love to mix things up when I bake a large batch of cupcakes, so I also used some adorable Patriotic cupcake picks, and left some without.
The surprise middles were such a hit with all ages!
Be sure to buy some Skittles America Mix on Amazon today using Prime! They are perfect to recreate these 4th of July Fireworks Cupcakes!
What recipes or crafts will you be making with them?
Pin this for later: