Celebrate the USA with Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes!
I really cannot believe that Memorial Day is already next weekend! Now that the warm weather is here, things are really starting to fly by! Pretty soon July 4th will be here too! The warmer weather has me wanting to be outdoors as much as possible.
The folks at SweetWorks generously sent me a box loaded with fun red, white, and blue candies and foiled chocolates. Some were so pretty and dainty that I didn’t even want to eat them. I sorta just wanted to bottle them up and enjoy their shapes and colors.
These Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes are totally what I like to refer to as short cut cupcakes. I usually always make my own buttercream, but the Blue Raspberry Pillsbury Frosting really caught my eye at Target. I knew my kidddos would love it so I bought some, and made my own gluten free chocolate cupcakes. You could do a from scratch version or a box as well!
Ingredients needed to bake Patriotic Blue Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Chocolate Cake Mix of your preference
Make them pretty:
- 1 Can of frosting
- Patriotic Star Spoon Toppers
- Bake it Pretty Cupcake Liners-Assorted red, white, and blue colors
- Red White and Blue Jimmies
Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 can Pillsbury Blue Raspberry Frosting
- 1/2 cup SweetWorks Celebrations Red White, and Blue Pressed Stars
- 24 whole SweetWorks Celebration Gumballs in dark blue
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 cup White Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- pinch Sea Salt
- 1 stick unsalted softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large stand mixer, cream your vanilla, butter, egg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your dry ingredients.
- Slowly add your dry mixtures, milk and water to your mixer.
- Thoroughly mix for 2 minutes until full mixed.
- Line 15 cupcake tins with Wilton Patriotic Paper liners
- Fill each liner 2/3 of the way using an ice cream or batter scoop.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of your cupcakes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Using a large Star tip, pipe on your frosting.
- Add Celebration by SweetWorks Red White and Blue Stars.