Celebrate the USA with Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes!
I really cannot believe that Memorial Day is already next weekend! Now that the warm weather is here, things are really starting to fly by! Pretty soon July 4th will be here too! The warmer weather has me wanting to be outdoors as much as possible.
With the upcoming Patriotic holidays, I also have been having a blast making red, white, and blue treats.
The folks at SweetWorks generously sent me a box loaded with fun red, white, and blue candies and foiled chocolates. Some were so pretty and dainty that I didn’t even want to eat them. I sorta just wanted to bottle them up and enjoy their shapes and colors.
I don’t know about you, but there is just something so fun about making festive cupcakes using Celebration Sixlets, Star Candies, and Gum Balls.
You have to admit that these Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes look almost too pretty to eat huh?
I just love the blue raspberry frosting paired with the Patriotic stars which are perfect for Memorial Day cookouts, Independence Day, Labor day–pretty much any day because we live in America!
These Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes are totally what I like to refer to as short cut cupcakes. I usually always make my own buttercream, but the Blue Raspberry Pillsbury Frosting really caught my eye at Target. I knew my kidddos would love it so I bought some, and made my own gluten free chocolate cupcakes. You could do a from scratch version or a box as well!
Ingredients needed to bake Patriotic Blue Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Chocolate Cake Mix of your preference
Make them pretty:
- 1 Can of frosting
- Patriotic Star Spoon Toppers
- Bake it Pretty Cupcake Liners-Assorted red, white, and blue colors
- Red White and Blue Jimmies
Patriotic Star Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 can Pillsbury Blue Raspberry Frosting
- 1/2 cup SweetWorks Celebrations Red White, and Blue Pressed Stars
- 24 whole SweetWorks Celebration Gumballs in dark blue
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 cup White Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- pinch Sea Salt
- 1 stick unsalted softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large stand mixer, cream your vanilla, butter, egg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your dry ingredients.
- Slowly add your dry mixtures, milk and water to your mixer.
- Thoroughly mix for 2 minutes until full mixed.
- Line 15 cupcake tins with Wilton Patriotic Paper liners
- Fill each liner 2/3 of the way using an ice cream or batter scoop.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of your cupcakes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Using a large Star tip, pipe on your frosting.
- Add Celebration by SweetWorks Red White and Blue Stars.
Cher Garman says
This is such an awesome treat! Thanks so much for the post!
Liz Mays says
Those are super cute and so perfect for Memorial Day! Love them!
Jennifer Soltys says
So, so cute!!! Perfect for summer BBQ’s and parties! One question — do they turn your mouth blue? ;)
Those look gorgeous.My kids would love to have blue frosting mustaches!
Aimee Smith says
These are so perfect for all the patriotic holidays coming up! Such a simple but cute idea! Love it!
Those are beautiful! Pinning!
Oh I love them!! So pretty!
Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says
Those really DO look too pretty to eat! I do quite love cupcakes and these are most definitely perfect for the upcoming holiday :)
Amber Edwards says
Those Patriotic candies are so awesome! They definitely completed those yummy cupcakes amazingly! I love them and such fun desserts for Memorial Day too!
Those are totally very cute. Love how truly patriotic they are… Thanks for sharing
Nicole Brady says
Those are so pretty. Perfect for the holiday and a “sweet” way to pay tribute to our heroes!
Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts. Like cake, but portable…and how cute are these?
Mama to 5 BLessings says
Very patriotic! My kids would love these, especially the toppings!
anna critchley says
Soooo cute!!! Cant wait to make these!
Great job. I love making cupcakes and of course eating them
I love this idea!!! They are so cute!
Tammi @ My Organized Chaos says
These are so colourful and cute – I bet this would be such a hit at any gathering! Cupcake love!!
Ellen Christian says
Very cute. I need to get better about baking with alternative flours.
Amanda A says
I wonder how they would work with almond flour. These came out adorable!
Dawn Lopez says
Okay, seriously! How cute are these cupcakes? I am in love! They came out perfect and I bet they taste even better! Nom nom!
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
They came out so cute and they’re perfect for Memorial Day this weekend. I am a BIG fan of cupcakes, especially chocolate ones.