Quick & Delicious Beef Stew Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyMovieWithKleenex #CollectiveBias
Now that the weather is getting colder by the day, I am already starting to go a little stir crazy. Gone are the days of the kids being able to play outside and enjoy themselves. These days, if they want to leave the house, chances are they will be so bundled they won’t be able to bend! I miss the warmer days, but I do appreciate the cold weather because it means more family time on the couch snuggled up with a movie, book, or warm comfort food like this Quick & Delicious Beef Stew.
Are we prepared? You bet!
I recently headed to our local BJ’s Wholesale store and stocked up on groceries, and toiletries like these adorable Kleenex® Finding Dory Tissue Box Designs.
With Kleenex, one soft tissue is all it takes to show you care. They have the perfect balance of softness and strength, and are durable with 2-ply thickness and are absorbent to lock in moisture.
My kids are all about the Disney® Finding Dory movie so they were especially thrilled with these designs. They just love the movie, but since there are some sad parts, Kleenex® Tissues do come in handy for saps like myself!
Plus, Kleenex® Finding Dory Tissue Box Designs are ideal for the impending sick season. Here in New England the temps can go from below zero to record highs in 24 hours so the common cold typically runs rampant in our household. That is also why I tend to make a lot of soups and stews this time of year.
When you are sick, there is nothing like a warm bowl of chicken soup or beef stew to make one feel better.
Plus, these soups/stews are super comforting to enjoy on the couch with a movie like Disney’s® Finding Dory.
Want to learn how to make this Quick & Delicious Beef Stew Recipe for your next Family Movie night?
Here is what you will need:
- 1½ lbs of beef tenderloin cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large potatoes washed, and cubed
- 3 Beef Bullion cubes
- 6 Cups of water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup of flour
- Salt, fresh-ground pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, to taste.
- Parsley for garnishing
- In a large skillet heat your oil
- In a separate stock pot, add your water, and bring to a boil to dissolve your 3 beef bouillon cubes.
- Coat your beef in ½ the flour mixture
- Add in your flour coated beef and in a large frying pan, pan-fry for about 5 mins until all sides are browned
- Coat veggies in remaining flour and add to the pan
- Add in your veggies, and fry for an additional 5-10 mins on med heat until your veggies are slightly tender, and meat is fully cooked.
- Place veggies and meat into stock pot
- Add a little stock to your frying pan to de-glaze it and pour the mixture from the frying pan into the stock pot (flavor)
- Bring meat and veggies to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 45 mins on medium heat
- Soup will thicken as it sits.
Your final product is a deliciously warm, flavorful, and comforting bowl of tender beef stew.
What are some ways that your family enjoys a movie night when the weather is super cold?
Pin this for later: