Unicorn Sundaes in Rice Cereal Bowls feature colorful, semi-homemade unicorn ice cream is nestled in Rice Krispies treats bowls. Topped with unicorn sprinkles, and a rainbow cookie; these are a perfect snack recipe for parties or a cool and refreshing summer treat.
Summer time is all about fun and tasty ice-cold treats! Here in Southern New England, we went from spring to summer seemingly overnight. The past few days were lingering in the high 80’s and the humidity was dialed up.
Perfect time for some ice cream treats right? To stay in line with the whole unicorn craze, I thought some unicorn ice cream enjoyed in Rice Krispies Treat Sundae Bowls would be awesome.
Who wouldn’t enjoy ice cream served in a fresh prepared Rice Krispies Treat bowl? Make it Rice Krispies Treat Sundae Bowls and we have a winning dessert!
Making Rice Krispies Treat bowls for our ice cream was MEGA easy.
I am actually surprised that hardly anyone out there has ever thought of this! It all starts with the right ingredients first!
I picked up some Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal, Jet-Puffed Marshmallows, and some Keebler Chips Deluxe Rainbow cookies at Target.
One glance at my cart brought back all my childhood favorites in one shopping trip.
Perfect timing to make these Rice Krispies Treat Sundae Bowls with Cookie-Infused Unicorn Ice Cream–just because I couldn’t resist!
Making Unicorn Ice Cream with Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe Cookies was mega easy.
All I did was divide one half-gallon of vanilla ice cream into three bowls. I dropped in about 3-5 drops of neon blue, pink, and purple food coloring and mixed each to soft-serve texture.
I then added cookies to each bowl, and then scooped each color into an ice-cream container for the freezer. About 2 hours later and I had beautifully colored unicorn ice cream complete with some sprinkles and stars on top.
It was a MEGA hot day when I photographed these Unicorn Sundae Bowls so they were slightly melty, but oh so delicious.
To make the Rice Krispies Bowls, I prepared one large batch of Rice Krispies Treat mix. Then, I buttered a small bowl to shape my Rice Krispies Treat bowls from.
The butter kept my hands and the bowl stick-free.
It was incredibly easy making these bowls which are PERFECT for ice cream.
I added some whipped topping to each Unicorn Sundae cup.
To really complete the look, I sprinkled on blue, pink, and star sprinkles. Then, I added a cherry, and a Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe Cookie to each.
Tell me this is not the cutest or tastiest looking little Unicorn Sundae in an edible bowl?
These Unicorn Rice Krispies Treat Sundaes are such a whimsical summer treat that will surely wow your guests! Make these bowls ahead of time for a quick summer snack.
More Unicorn Recipes You’ll Love
Unicorn Rice Krispies Treat Sundaes Printable recipe
Unicorn Rice Krispies Treat Sundaes
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 ounces Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 3+2 tablespoons butter
- Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe Cookies
- 1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream
- Neon blue pink, and purple food coloring
- Whipped Topping
- Prepare Rice Krispies Treat mix according to box.
- Melted additional 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and set aside
- Grease a small bowl, and hands with melted butter
- To form bowls, take the mixture and firmly press it into the greased bowls.
- Treat bowls will be easy to remove thanks to the butter.
- Repeat until done- my bowl made 8 mini bowls.
- Place bowls on a parchment-lined baking sheet to harden for about 30 mins.
- Unicorn Ice Cream
- Take your vanilla ice cream and divide it into 3 bowls
- Add 2-5 drops of food coloring to each bowl
- Mix each bowl separately to soft serve consistency
- Add crushed Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe cookies (3 per bowl) to top of bowls; mix
- Pour softened ice cream into an ice cream container and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Serve in Rice Krispies Treat bowls with whipped topping, sprinkles, and cherry.
- Eat immediately to prevent melting.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY recipe for our Unicorn Rice Krispies Treat Sundaes.