Easy Spice Cake Mix Cookies are perfectly soft, fluffy, and loaded with the tastes of the season. An easy recipe made with cake mix, these Cake Mix Cookies are hard to resist.
Happy October! I don’t know about you, but October is one of my favorite months! Maybe it is the fall leaves, crisp air, or the fact that I was supposed to be born in October? Regardless, I just love this fun “officially fall” month.
Besides going to haunted houses, and watching Halloween movies (I love the Halloweentown movies) I love October because it kicks off the baking season.
There is nothing more comforting than a warm oven, and the sweet scent of cookies wafting through my home. Add a naturally cool breeze flowing in from the windows and that is the key to my heart.
Today, I wanted to share how doctoring up a box of cake mix with some additional, common baking ingredients can produce some soft, and slightly chewy Spice Cake Mix Cookies.
I love this cake mix cookie recipe because it’s easy and fast – It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish. Plus, the aroma throughout the house while baking these cookies is heavenly!
How to Make Cookies from Cake Mix?
Sometimes making cookies from cake mix is as easy as taking the boxed mix and adding 8 ounces of seltzer water or even soda.
For this cake mix recipe, you will need a little more than a fizzy drink. Trust me though, it’s so worth it!
These cookies require vegetable oil, eggs, and some additional sugar to get the iconic, sweet crystallized sugar outer. I love using cake mix for cookies because it cuts out a lot of steps. Plus, cake mix is typically cheaper than cookie dough, especially if you can catch a good sale.
We used Spice Cake Mix to make these cookies, but you can use any cake mix you’d like. Vanilla, yellow, or chocolate cake mix all work well in this recipe!
Do I need Parchment Paper for Cake Mix Cookies?
While you do not “need” parchment paper I use it quite often. Personally, I have found that the only way I do not need parchment paper is if I use a brand, spanking new cookie sheet as pictured. My go-to cookie sheets have received a lot of action and are really discolored so most of the time, I need it!
Additionally, if you prefer not to use parchment paper, you can use a silicone baking mat. I own a mat, but only one. I need to get another so I can bake two sheets at once!
Want to make these delicious Spice Mix Cake Cookies? Get the printable recipe below!
Easy Spice Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- 15.2 ounces Spice Cake Mix Betty Crocker brand
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the contents of the spice cake mix. Using a whisk, whisk in the oil, and eggs until batter is fully mixed and smooth.
- Batter with be thick and slightly sticky.
- Roll into small tablespoon sized balls, and then coat balls lightly with sugar.
- Space balls evenly apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15. Please be cautious on the times. I say this because my gas stove seems to get much hotter than my electric stove. I find if I do not keep any eye on my cookies they burn faster.