Easy Spice Cake Mix Cookies
A delicious Harvest or Christmas cookie that is so perfectly soft, fluffy, and loaded with the tastes of the season. These Spice Cake Mix Cookies are hard to resist.
Happy October! I don’t know about you, but October is one of my favorite months! Maybe it is the fall leaves, crisp air, or the fact that I was supposed to be born in October? Regardless, I just love this fun “officially fall” month.
Besides going to haunted houses, and watching Halloween movies (I love the Halloweentown movies) I love October because it kicks off the baking season.
There is nothing more comforting than a warm oven, and the sweet scent of cookies wafting through my home. Add a naturally cool breeze flowing in from the windows and that is the key to my heart.
Today, I wanted to share how doctoring up a box of cake mix with some additional, common baking ingredients can produce some soft, and slightly chewy Spice Cake Mix Cookies.
How to Make Cookies from Cake Mix?
Sometimes making cookies from cake mix is as easy as taking the boxed mix and adding 8 ounces of seltzer water or even soda. For this recipe, you will need a little more than a fizzy drink. These cookies require vegetable oil, eggs, and some additional sugar to get the iconic, sweet crystallized sugar outer. I love using cake mix for cookies because it does cut out a lot of steps and cake mix is typically cheaper with a good sale.
Do I need Parchment Paper for Cake Mix Cookies?
While you do not “need” parchment paper I use it quite often. Personally, I have found that the only way I do not need parchment paper is if I use a brand, spanking new cookie sheet as pictured. My go-to cookie sheets have received a lot of action and are really discolored so most of the time, I need it!
Additionally, if you prefer to not use parchment paper, you can use a silicone baking mat. I have a mat like this, but only one. I need to get another so I can bake two sheets at once!
Want to make these delicious Spice Mix Cake Cookies? Get the printable recipe below!
Easy Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons White Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375 f.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the contents of the spice cake mix. Using a whisk, whisk in the oil, and eggs until batter is fully mixed and smooth.
- Batter with be thick and slightly sticky.
- Roll into small tablespoon sized balls, and then coat balls lightly with sugar.
- Space balls evenly apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15. Please be cautious on the times. I say this because my gas stove seems to get much hotter than my electric stove. I find if I do not keep any eye on my cookies they burn faster.