Stuffed Peppers with Tuna Salad & Fresh Blueberry Tea Recipe
Freshly brewed iced tea and light finger foods are some of my favorite things about summer. All the fresh produce that represents colors of the rainbow can really make for some awesome summer entertaining drinks and dishes.
To celebrate the Lipton’s and Hellmann’s Be More Tea Festival, I have created a tasty appetizer and refreshing summer beverage.
I love that my garden is starting to look like little blips of the rainbow sprinkled throughout
Eating light and fresh in the summer is just so ideal so this appetizer, or meal idea is perfect!
Stuffed with sweet and spicy tuna, veggies, and my favorite mayo which happens to be Hellmann’s and you have a winning combination.
I added about 1/4 cup of Hellmann’s along with some fresh veggies (recipe below) to create a tasty and nutritious bread-free lunch idea.
To wash down my peppers, I decided to take some Lipton’s Cold Brew Iced Tea bags–love this stuff, and make some fresh blueberry iced tea! Making cold brew blueberry iced tea is super easy thanks to Lipton’s new Cold Brew Tea bags.
Here is what you need to make Fresh Blueberry Iced Tea: *serves 2*
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries and more for garnishing
- 3 Lipton’s Cold Brew Iced Tea bags
- Ice cubes
- Sugar *optional
Simply brew two cups of Lipton’s Cold Brew Iced Tea using 3 bags
After you are done, add one cup of the tea to a blender along with 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries
Process your tea and blueberries for a few seconds
Then, using a fine mesh strainer, strain the tea/blueberry mixture; discard peels
Pour blueberry tea into the regular iced tea and mix
Serve with additional sugar *optional and some fresh blueberries or blueberry ice cubes.
Looks so good huh?
For the Stuffed Tuna Peppers, here is what you will need:
- Rainbow finger peppers-4 large
- Spicy Tuna-2 packets
- Hellmann’s Mayo-1/3 cup
- Green onion-1 stalk chopped
- Red onion-1 tablespoon
- plum tomato-1 chopped
- rainbow pepper-1 tablespoon diced
Drain tuna, and add to a bowl with the mayo
Wash, dry and dice your veggies *except for the the large rainbow peppers
Add veggies and tuna to the bowl and mix well
Meanwhile, slice large rainbow peppers vertically, and de-seed them
Stuff each with tuna mixture
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate
Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large Rainbow finger peppers
- 2 packets Spicy Tuna
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's Mayo
- 1 stalk chopped Green onion
- 1 tablespoon Red onion
- 1 chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced rainbow pepper
- Drain tuna, and add to a bowl with the mayo
- Wash, dry and dice your veggies *except for the the large rainbow peppers
- Add veggies and tuna to the bowl and mix well
- Meanwhile, slice large rainbow peppers vertically, and de-seed them
- Stuff each with tuna mixture
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate