Teriyaki Chicken, Rice & Pineapple Wontons are a fun, Asian-inspired appetizer. Perfect for parties, these easy to eat wonton feature teriyaki chicken, sweet pineapple, and white rice in a baked wonton cup.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StirUpTheFun #CollectiveBias
Asian-inspired dishes are some of my family’s favorite types of cuisine. We absolutely love meals like teriyaki, orange, or even sesame chicken served on a bed of fresh white rice, with pineapple.
My family has been requesting that I make teriyaki chicken with rice, and pineapple at home so that is just what I did this past weekend, but with a twist! I even got to use my new wok, and special bamboo serving tongs which are both amazing!
Introducing these bite-sized, Teriyaki Chicken, Rice & Pineapple Wontons.
These tasty cups feature all the flavors of teriyaki chicken in a crunchy, easy to eat portion. This unique meal is made up of moist chicken thighs, cooked with flavorful ingredients like Kikkoman® Traditionally brewed Soy Sauce, and served with white Minute® Rice, and Dole® Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice. Best of all, it can be cooked up in less than 30 minutes and makes the perfect game day appetizer.
Now that our home team won, and is heading to the Big Game, my family has requested I make these on February 5th!
We found all the ingredients needed to make these Teriyaki Chicken, Rice & Pineapple Wontons at our local Walmart store. I picked up the Minute White Rice, Kikkoman Traditionally brewed Soy Sauce, Dole Pineapple Chunks, chicken thighs, and wonton wrappers.
What I love about this meal idea is that it is quick to make. You all know I am not a fan of long recipes that require too many ingredients or steps. This recipe is fast, and the results are worth the small time investment in the kitchen.
We love to use Minute White Rice because it is literally ready in minutes. It is enriched, precooked long grain white rice, that is also gluten-free, and non GMO making it a tasty complex carbohydrate.
For the teriyaki chicken, we paired Kikkoman Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce with some some sweeter elements to achieve a sweet and savory base. This sauce is a major flavor enhancer and brings out the “umami” taste, and also helps balance and round out flavors.
Since teriyaki chicken is not complete without some juicy, golden pineapple, we added some Dole Pineapple Chunks to the wontons. Dole Pineapple has such a sweet tangy flavor, and truly is a great compliment to all types of dishes including appetizers, main dishes, salads, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
Teriyaki Chicken, Rice & Pineapple Wontons
- Muffin Tin
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup Kikkoman Traditionally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder black pepper
- 1 cup Minute White Rice *cooked according to box instructions
- 1/3 cup Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% juice
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Slice chicken thighs into thin strips.
- Heat a medium sized skillet with oil and add in chicken.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat – no outer pink should be remaining.
- Add in soy sauce, brown sugar, honey and spices-bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a small stock pot, add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add in Minute Rice and cook according to the box directions.
- Meanwhile, spray two 12 ct cupcake tins with non-stick spray and line each with one wonton wrapper.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 or until edges are golden brown.
- Once wrappers are done fill each with a tablespoon of rice.
- Add in 2-3 pieces of chicken to each cup, followed by 2 chunks of Dole Pineapple.
- Serve warm