A keto-friendly, low-carb Tuna Caesar Salad recipe that features Parmesan crisps. These crisps are the perfect, keto-friendly substitute for traditional croutons.
Being on a low-carb lifestyle can sometimes be difficult. I am not going to lie; I did keto for 5 weeks and discovered that sticking to an extremely low-carb lifestyle was one of the hardest things I have ever done.
However, the now 17 lb. weight loss I have yielded from my efforts has motivated me to be the best version of myself.
One of my favorite staples on my lifestyle change has been high-quality tuna.
I prefer a quality brand like Bella Portofino Tuna. This brand is available at my local markets and made with hand-selected, wild-caught Yellowfin & Albacore tuna. It is packed in EVOO (and sea salt) and has a nice flaky, mellow taste and texture. I love the eye-catching can and the premium tuna inside!
In fact, this tuna is perfect for keto because it is packed in EVOO and really doesn’t need any mayo unless you want to incorporate more fat into the meal.
Chicken Caesar salads are my FAVE so I wanted to play on that with the Bella Portofino Tuna.
I added a little quality Caesar dressing to the tender, flaky tuna to make the tuna salad. Then, I added it to a traditional bed of romaine, red onion, and Parmesan cheese.
If you love Caesar dressing you can toss your romaine with it, but I use the creaminess of the tuna to complement the lettuce.
Since bread is typically not keto-friendly, I used Parmesan Cheese to make crisps for the salad.
This delicious keto tuna salad was low in net carbs per serving and fed my husband and myself easily for dinner.
- 2 cans of Bella Portofino Tuna
- 2 tablespoons of Cesar dressing for the tuna *add more to your actual salad if you wish
- Red onion rings- 1/2 cup- less if you are not big on onion
- Parmesan cheese – 2 tablespoons
- Romaine lettuce- 5 cups
Ingredients for Parmesan Crisps:
- 12 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add each tablespoon-sized pile of Parmesan to the baking sheet (line with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper).
Bake for 6 minutes.
Remove sheet from oven and allow crisps to cool. They will be golden brown.
For the salad, add romaine, onion, and parmesan to a large bowl and toss.
In a small bowl mix 2 cans of Bella Portofino Tuna with Cesar Salad dressing.
Mix well to combine.
Serve on a bed of romaine with additional Parmesan, red onion, and some Parmesan Crisps.
Keto Friendly Tuna Cesar Salad with Parmesan Crisps Chips
- 2 cans Bella Portofino Tuna
- 2 tbsp Cesar dressing for the tuna *add more to your actual salad if you wish
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 14 tablespoons parmesan cheese for topping salad & crisps
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl add 12 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Add a non-stick baking mat to a baking sheet.
- Pinch 1 tablespoon worth of parmesan cheese onto 12 spots on your baking sheet.
- bake for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- remove from oven to cool and set aside.
- Add romaine lettuce, and onion to a bowl.
- add in onion rings.
- Add in parmesan cheese.
- Open tuna, drain it and add it to a small bowl.
- Mix tuna with caesar dressing.
- Divide salad into 2 portions (these are large salads because on keto you need to consume ample greens).
- Add an even amount of tuna to each salad.
- Top with parmesan crisps & extra dressing (optional).