Warm Kale Salad is loaded with crispy bacon, sauteed onions, mushrooms and savory provolone cheese. A masterpiece finished with a splash of champagne vinegar and a pinch of sugar to balance out the bold flavors of this amazing dish.
Do you have a special recipe that you just love to make when the weather gets warmer? I do and it might not be what you think! Lots of leafy greens piled high with various veggies and proteins are the kind of meals I could eat every day!
Today’s Warm Kale & Bacon Salad is the perfect example of my favorite kind of summer meal. It can be served alone as a delicious lunch or paired with a dinner like this Ultimate Cheeseburger!
How to Make a Delicious Kale Salad
Not too many people like the taste of plain raw kale. Adding bold flavored ingredients to this green superfood elevate it to the next level of delish!
This Warm Kale Salad is the perfect blend of nutrition and flavor.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Fresh kale (I used curly kale)
- Sweet onions
- Sliced Portabella mushrooms (you can use your favorite).
- Crumbled slices of hickory smoked bacon (crispy of course)
- Provolone cheese
- Champagne vinegar
This the TASTIEST kale salad ever!
Don’t believe me? Check out all these yummy pictures! Even the picky kids ate most of their meals which is a win in my book. They call the kale little tree tops and love the slightly sweet onions and mushrooms.
Print this Warm Kale Salad below
Warm Kale Salad with Crispy Bacon
- 4 cups Kale
- 4 slices Bacon cooked until crispy and then crumbled into smaller pieces.
- 4 slices Provolone
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1 lb mushrooms your choice sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry kale- set aside
- In a skillet, heat butter (med heat), and add onions and mushrooms-cook for 3 mins
- Add in vinegar, sugar, and salt
- Pan-fry until onions are translucent
- Cook bacon until crispy- crumble into smaller pieces
- Cut 4 slices of provolone into little pieces
- Plate kale in 4 plates
- Top with warm veggies, bacon, and cheese
- Enjoy warm!
Leave a Reply