Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a hearty bundt cake recipe that is perfect for the fall. The rich flavors of spice pair perfectly with the apples and delicious, homemade cream cheese frosting.
The crisp, cool fall air has made its way into New England this past week. It has been so amazing to have my new windows wide open with a cool breeze flowing through my home. There is just something so magical about Fall that I simply love.
The cool weather, pretty mums, changing leaves (yes, I have one tree turning already) and the fall flavors. All these lovely things are what make autumn my favorite time of year.
To kick off the Fall season, I wanted to share an apple recipe. While we have not made our annual trip to the local apple orchard, I did find some native beauties at the market. I just knew they would be perfect for my Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
My Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a fall cake recipe that has been in the family since before I was born. It is a very “spiced filled cake” that has all the lovely autumn notes of cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg. It is not the prettiest cake I have ever made because it actually bakes up pretty dark, but it is one of the tastiest this time of year.
I love to add raisins to my Apple Spice Cake because I think apples and raisins complement one another so perfectly. This recipe can be made without raisins, or with walnuts. I did not have any walnuts on hand so I used raisins since I picked up 2 lbs of fresh raisins at the market last week.
For my Apple Spice Cake, I used Bob’s Red Mill® Unbleached White All Purpose Organic Flour. This flour is super versatile in that it cake be used for pie crusts, biscuits, cakes, pancakes, and deep fried treats. You can purchase it at most grocery and health food stores, or online on Amazon.
This cake might have not looked a little dark unfrosted, but it was truly the moistest cake ever!!! The tender apples and raisins really made it spectacular and perfect for Fall.
I decided to frost this cake with a homemade Cream Cheese frosting because I love the way apple spice flavors pair with a fresh cream cheese frosting. It was so darn good, and the cake actually was finished super quickly!
Get this printable recipe for our Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting below!
What are some of your favorite Fall recipes?
Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon All spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups sugar Can do one 1 cup white, 1 cup brown or 2 cups white
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 sticks Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cored apples diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 ounce stick of cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Confectionary sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon raisins for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Grease a bundt pan with melted butter.
- In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients- mix well.
- Add the eggs, water, extract, and butter- mix well until well-combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples, and raisins- scrape sides of bowl down.
- Pour batter into the bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- In bowl whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add in the extract, sugar, and milk; beat until smooth.
- Frost cake once completely cooled.
- Add raisins to decorate it.