Banana Oatmeal Muffins are an easy muffin recipe that is made with 4 wholesome ingredients. This recipe makes 12 muffins & uses no sweeteners or flour! Perfect snack or breakfast muffin.
With the back to school season in full swing, I wanted to share this recipe that I actually created myself 8 years ago when my middle child had to live a gluten free lifestyle.
My daughter loved baked good but at the time there was nothing on the market that she enjoyed that was gluten free. She would cry when I would buy her the skimpy sweet snack offerings the local market had because they were gross.
These days, there are so many gluten free recipes, and packaged snacks on the market which is amazing! But, I wanted to reshare this 3 ingredient banana oatmeal muffin recipe (which is 4 with the blueberries) because it is delicious and easy!
This Banana Oatmeal Muffin recipe features ripe blueberries and overripe bananas which gives it its naturally sweet taste. If you do not use ripe fruit, you will not have a naturally sweet muffin–it is as simple as that.
Oatmeal Banana Muffins Ingredients
- 3 cups of gluten free old fashioned oats (you can use regular as well)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (you can use regular milk as well)
- 5 medium overripe bananas
- 1 cup of ripe blueberries
How to Make Oatmeal Banana Muffins
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Grease a 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray.
Add oats, banana, almond milk, and blueberries to a large food processor.
Process until thick and uniformly creamy- about 20 seconds.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups to the top with batter.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick in the center on the muffins comes out clean.
Optional Banana Oatmeal Muffin Ingredients
- 1 tsp of stevia
- 1/4 cup nuts- your choice
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Can you Freeze these Muffins?
These muffins can be frozen after they are cooled. To eat at a later time, defrost and heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Are these Muffins Dense?
Yes, these muffins are similar to baked oatmeal cups and are very dense. They are not light and airy and are only naturally sweet making them a good snack for kids, or anyone watching calories or points. Because I am on WW, these are 0 SP each if you eat 1-2.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 cups old fashioned oats regular or gluten free
- 5 bananas overripe
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Add all the ingredients to a food process, and process until evenly creamy.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin well to the top with batter.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm!