A crustless, light and airy cheesecake recipe. This easy cheesecake recipe is super light and fluffy and can be made in a pie dish, without a spring form pan.
Ok, so before I delight you with this delicious Crustless Cheesecake Made in a Pie Dish I want to explain the circumstances surrounding it. It was a late August day and the heat was turned up mega high outside.
I was not exactly loving the thought of turning my oven on to bake a cheesecake, but I did.
You see, I am a people pleaser and love to have yummy desserts ready for when my husband and kids get home.
I knew I wanted to make a cheesecake, but I didn’t have enough ingredients to make a large one for my spring form pan. I searched the web and found some cheesecake recipes for pie dishes.
Perfect, I thought!
I gathered what little cream cheese and sour cream I had, and thought I was following the recipe instructions… Apparently, I wasn’t… as this was supposed to have a sour cream top layer! I mixed the sour cream into the batter versus onto it!
I don’t like traditional cheesecake crust, so I typically make my cheesecakes crustless which actually works out well.
As I poured it into a greased, ceramic pie-dish, I prayed it would turn into cheesecake. So I placed it onto a baking sheet with one cup of water poured in to make a water bath and left the pie uncovered as it baked for 30 mins at 350°F.
Would this mistake cost me the money invested into the supplies, time, and frustration or would it bake into something yummy?
The result was a delicious, light, airy, and fluffy cheesecake!
I actually made a good mistake for the first time in my life! Score.
Get the printable recipe for this Crustless Cheesecake Made in a Pie Dish below!
Crustless Cheesecake Made in a Pie Dish
- 16 oz softened cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9", deep-dish pie dish with nonstick spray, butter or shortening.
- In a bowl, beat softened, room temperature cream cheese until creamy and not lumpy. A hand mixer will work best for this.
- Add sugar, lemon zest, juice, and extract, beat until smooth.
- Add each egg in and beat until just combined *do not over beat at this stage.
- Fold in sour cream until just combined.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350
- Cool for one hour and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours to produce a firm pie. This cheesecake will taste better and set well when cold.
Since I no way intended on sharing this as an official blog post (at first), I did not stage a pretty scene. Instead, I have a mismatched plate, mixed with fall designs. Sorry about that guys…not my best visuals!
Do you love cheesecake? If so, you will love this as it is simply delicious and has the same flavors as a New York Style cheesecake only lighter, and crust-less. This recipe is ideal for a gluten free lifestyle.