Easy Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
Don’t you just hate it when your bananas turn so ripe that the little black specs on their peels seem to multiply by the hour? Then you get those super pesky little fruit flies that totally show up out of nowhere. Yep, it happens to me almost every week because my kids go through these buy 6 lbs of banana kicks, and then they sort of neglect them, and move onto the apples or grapes. Rather than waste my (or your) money, and compost and the almost gelatinous bananas, I started using them in a recipe I like to call my easy banana muffin recipe.
I LOVE making banana nut muffins because quite frankly they are easy, and can serve as a snack or meal! They are just so versatile and can be changed up by adding nuts, or even nutritious chia seeds. Personally, I love crushed walnuts in my banana nut muffins even though I am mildly allergic to them. They make my mouth sting and burn but they are just so good that I have a hard time resisting them.
Best of all, if you are the type of person who doesn’t have a lot of time, these will be quick, and provide a delicious meal or snack! I enjoyed mine with a nice Starbucks Iced Mocha at home!
Check out what you will need to make about 12 muffins:
- unbleached flour-1 1/2 cups
- baking powder- 2 tablespoons
- coarse sea salt-pinch
- unsalted butter- 1 stick at room temp
- sugar- 3/4 cup
- Overripe bananas-3
- 2 eggs- large
- vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- crushed walnuts- 1 cup
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Line your muffins tin with liners
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients well
In a separate bowl or stand mixer, mix butter, sugar, eggs, extract, and bananas until well blended
Add mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and stir well
Fold in nuts
Fill muffin tins 3/4 way with mixture
Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown
Enjoy your muffins with a tall glass of iced cold milk, or with a steaming hot cup of coffee. They can also be frozen for future use!
Easy Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
- Muffin Tin
- conventional oven
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- pinch coarse sea salt
- 1 stick room temperature unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Overripe bananas
- large 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Easy Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your muffins tin with liners
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients well
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, mix butter, sugar, eggs, extract, and bananas until well blended
- Add mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and stir well
- Fold in nuts
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 way with mixture
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown
- Enjoy your muffins with a tall glass of iced cold milk, or with a steaming hot cup of coffee. They can also be frozen for future use!
Pure Grace Farms says
These muffins look delicious. It’s nice to see food made from scratch! Thanks for stopping by Foodie Fridays. Hope to see you again tonight!
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
I love bananas in any kind of baked goods. Your muffins look delicious…and easy…key for me, because I am not much of a baker! Thanks for sharing them with us at #FoodieFridays!