These Double Chocolate flourless cookies made with pantry staples, M&Ms, and sprinkled with peppermint are delicious! You will be amazed how these cookies go from batter to a fudgy delight in just minutes!!
Looking for an easy cookie recipe that you can bake from pantry staples? These flourless cookies come together with just a few ingredients and can be slightly altered to fit the add-ins you have on-hand.
These simple, gluten-free cookies can be made with literally just 5 ingredients minimally, or 7 if you recreate this exact cookie recipe.
Why I Love This Recipe
I love how this recipe requires hardly any ingredients and transforms into delicate, chewy, fudgy cookies.
- Easy to Make – These cookies do not require any special equipment to make! Just a mixing bowl and spoon is all you need to combine the batter. A tablespoon cookie scoop makes the cookie size as pictured.
- Delicious flavor – If you love the flavor combo of fudgy chocolate, M&Ms, and peppermint– these are for you.
- Simple Ingredients – Even if you do not have M&Ms or peppermint on-hand these cookies will work without these candy add-ins.
You will need some simple ingredients you might have in your pantry.
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Egg whites
- Crushed candy canes
How to Make
You can easily make these cookies with simple equipment & ingredients.
Step 1 – Preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2 – Add your powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and egg whites to a large mixing bowl. Mix until batter is combined and thick. You can use a stand mixer if you want, but it is not required.
Step 3 – Fold in the M&Ms, or chocolate chips into the batter.
Step 4 – Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scooper, add batter to a baking sheet. I recommend spacing cookies out about 3″ each since they will spread.
Step 5 – Bake cookies for 8 minutes. They will have a flakey texture and be shiny.
Step 6 – Gently sprinkle & press crushed candy canes on top of the cookies.
Step 7 – Cool cookies for ten minutes before removing them from the parchment paper.
Add-ins – You can use chocolate chips, nuts, or white chocolate chips in these cookies. You can also skip the peppermint topping if you wish.
These flourless cookies might be easy to make, but there are some important tips to consider when making them.
You will need parchment paper- These would stick to regular pans.
You might need to baking them in 2 batches if you do not have large enough baking sheets.
These cookies do spread so do not pour the batter too close together.
The powdered sugar makes these slightly sticky when removing so use a sharp spatula with a wide base to remove them from the parchment.
They keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container, but who can wait that long?
More Cookies to Try
Follow the recipe card below to make these easy flourless double chocolate chip cookies.
Easy Flourless Double Chocolate Cookies
- Large Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie scooper
- mixing bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, cocoa, egg whites, salt, and extract. Whisk until fully combined. Fold in M&Ms.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter on baking sheet. You need to space these apart because they do tend to flood slightly and will bake into each other if you do not give them enough room.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool at room temperature before using a spatula to remove. The sugar makes these a little sticky so make sure they are cooled.