Chewy Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies are exactly what Santa will love. These jumbo crowd-pleasing cookies are the perfect dessert for Christmas bake sales, parties, or cookie swaps.
The holiday season is all about baking. That is why I typically love to share more sweet, baked desserts like peppermint cookies, snowflake cream puffs, cakes, and apple cream cheese danish. I find myself releasing any of my built of holiday season stresses in the kitchen.
My family loves chocolate chip cookies that are chewy, so I now am requested to only bake cookies like these Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. To make these baked treats more festive, I swapped out Reese’s Pieces for some Christmas M&Ms–easy enough!
If you are looking to bake a batch of these jumbo cookies, I wanted to share everything you will need to make your family smile.
Pantry Staples Needed
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Light Corn syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Large baking sheet
- Large cookie scoop
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment
- Rubber spatula
Tips for Baking
These cookies are jumbo and double the size of normal cookies. You can double the recipe by making them into tablespoon-sized balls.
Refrigerating the dough prevents them from spreading too much. It also makes working with the dough easy. You can make the dough 24-hours in advance. But, if making the same day, one hour in the fridge is fine.
Parchment paper helps these to not stick to your pan. If you prefer a baking mat, you can also use that.
If you want to use just chocolate chips or just M&Ms, add 2 cups of which you choose or 1 cup of each for both.
How to Quickly Soften Butter
If the baking mood strikes when you didn’t have time to soften your butter it is ok. You can microwave it for 25-30 seconds with medium power to get it prepared for baking. It will still have its form and will not be fully melted.
If you do accidentally over melt it, you will just need to chill your dough for 2 hours.
How to Freeze these Chocolate Chip Cookies
This cookie dough can be frozen for up to one month. To freeze, form balls into 18 double tablespoons. Place them single layers on a baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours until firm. Add balls to a zippered freezer bag, label and date them with recipe cook time.
To bake add them from frozen and give them 1-2 minutes extra bake time- so, 11-13 minutes.
Fresh Factor– These cookies stay fresh for up to 5 days in an airtight container for best taste.
Chewy Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- stand mixer
- rubber spatula
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup M&Ms Candies
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate morsels
- In a stand mixer, add the softened butter and brown sugar, and cream over medium speed.
- Add in the vanilla extract, egg, and salt; mix well until combined.
- Carefully pour in the corn syrup.
- Add in the baking soda, and slowly add the flour 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Once all the flour is added, the dough will be slightly sticky. Remove the bowl from your mixer, and fold in the chocolate chips and M&MS.
- Place dough in the fridge for one hour to chill. I kept mine in the bowl, but you can add it to plastic wrap and form it into a tube if your prefer.
- To bake- preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon dough tablespoon-sized dough balls onto your baking sheet. Make sure you only put 6 on a sheet or they will spread into one another.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow too cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan, repeat 2 more times until all 18 cookies are baked.