Fast and Easy Cream Puff Recipe
This cream puff recipe uses simple ingredients and only takes 20 minutes to make! The flaky pastry crust and real whipped cream filling make these cream puffs a guaranteed hit at any party!
Holiday entertaining is almost in full swing. This year, I will be hosting Thanksgiving day dessert buffet. Close family and friends will come to my home to enjoy home-baked pies, sweet, and drinks. This will be my first large-scale entertaining event, so I really want to make sure everything is on-point.
As many of you know, I love to cook, bake, and create! Be keeping my recipes easy, and simple I will be able to get the most bang for my buck. Besides all the traditional Thanksgiving desserts like pies, and puddings, I also want to make these Cream-Filled Snowflake Puff Pastry Bites. Made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets.
This cream puff recipe takes just 20 minutes to make and is ideal for wowing your guests with bakery-fresh bites.
In my home, I am all about real whipped cream.
Whenever possible, I prefer to whip up a batch of fresh whipped cream using confectionery sugar, vanilla extract, and one pint of heavy whipping cream. Just 2-3 minutes on high speed, and I have soft, pillowy peaks of real cream heaven!
To be super festive, I cut out my puff pastry sheets using a snowflake cookie cutter.
With puff pastry, they rise up so you can fit quite a bit on one baking tray. Just 14-15 minutes and they are perfectly golden and ready to cool, and carefully slice in half for filling with cream.
Add fresh whipped cream to a large star tipped piping bag and carefully add a dollop of cream to each snowflake puff, and then sprinkle with some powdered sugar.
The end result is the perfect-sized, festive snowflake cream puff that can be made a few hours ahead of time. Place them in the fridge to chill until enjoying.
These 20 minute cream puffs taste better than the fancy bake shop versions.
If you love cream horns, you will love these snowflake cream puffs because they are made from the same dough. Definitely a great holiday dessert idea!
Printable Cream Puff Recipe:
20 Minute Snowflake Cream Puff Recipe
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
Real Whipped Cream Filling
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectionery sugar
- Snowflakes: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out slightly thawed and pliable puff pastry dough
- Carefully cut out snowflakes and place them on a jumbo sized parchment-lined baking sheet
- Once all snowflakes are cut out, re-roll the dough out and cut out more if needed.
- Bake 10-12 mins
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before carefully slicing them in half
- Fill with real cream, sprinkle with confectionery sugar and enjoy!
- Cream: Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and beat on high until firm peaks form
- Add cream to a pastry bag and pipe into each snowflake.
Pin this for later: