Is there anything more tantalizing than the smell of a fresh-baked lemon dessert? Lemon is a flavor that’s both sweet and tart and always seems to brighten up any dish. This Best EVER Lemon Cobbler is the perfect way to enjoy that citrusy flavor, and it’s so easy to make! Just gather a few simple ingredients, pop them in the oven, and you’ll be enjoying a delicious dessert in no time. Trust us, this magic lemon cobbler is sure to become one of your favorites!
What is Lemon Cobbler?
Lemon cobbler is a delicious and sweet dessert that is made using lemons, flour, sugar, and butter. It features either a biscuit or cake-like topping over an irresistible lemon bottom layer. There are many different variations of this dish, so you can experiment with different ingredients to create your own unique version. Whether you like it warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream, lemon cobbler is a delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This easy Lemon Cobbler requires only a few common ingredients. The key ingredient is lemon pie filling. You can use fresh lemon curd if you’d like, but I used a 21-ounce can of Lucky Leaf Lemon pie filling for this recipe ($3.12 at Walmart.) Besides that, you’ll need butter, flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, milk, and vanilla extract.
This recipe uses a ceramic 9 x 11 inch baking dish and a conventional oven. Make sure you adjust your oven rack to the center position so that this cobbler bakes properly.
A large mixing bowl, whisk, measuring cups, spoons, and a whisk are also needed. This recipe is simple enough that you will not need a stand or hand mixer.
How to Make Easy Lemon Cobbler
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Add the butter to the bottom of the baking dish and place it in the oven until melted. This took about 5 minutes for me.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, extract, granulated sugar, baking powder, and milk.
With oven mitts, remove the pan from the oven with the melted butter.
Pour the batter mixture into the pan. Do not mix it after pouring it into the pan of melted butter.
Using a rubber spatula, spread the lemon pie filling evenly over the batter and butter mixture.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. The cobbler crust will be deep golden brown, firm, and the lemon will peak through any cracks in the crust.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Can I Substitute Lemon Curd for Lemon Pie Filling?
If you prefer to not use traditional canned lemon pie filling, you can make your own filling using this Homemade Lemon Curd recipe.
What to Serve with Lemon Cobbler?
This cobbler is sweet, tangy, and all-around delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping. You can also add some fresh whipped cream which would be delicious as well.
If you have any lemon cobbler leftovers, store them (fully cooled) in the refrigerator to keep the topping crunchy and fresh. When covered tightly, it will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave if desired.
More Lemon Desserts to Try Today
- Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake
- Lemon Curd Hand Pies
- Lemon Angel Food Cake
- Glazed Lemon Scones
- Lemon Cream Horns
BEST Lemon Cobbler Recipe EVER!
- oven adjusted to the center rack position
- 11 x 9 baking dish
- large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 21 ounces canned lemon pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the butter to the bottom of the baking dish and place it in the oven until melted. This took about 5 minutes for me.8 ounces unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, vanilla extract, and milk.1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup whole milk
- With oven mitts, remove the pan from the oven with the melted butter. Add the batter mixture into the pan; do not mix.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the pie filling evenly over the batter and butter mixture.21 ounces canned lemon pie filling
- Return pan to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cobbler crust will be deep golden brown, firm, and the lemon filling will be bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!