Pineapple Angel Food Cake with just 2 ingredients is a perfect summertime cake that you have to bake up to experience! This dense cake is loaded with moist pineapple chunks and can be made in a bundt cake pan.
Do you love angel food cake but hate how you have to bake it in a fluted tube pan? My grandmother used to have so many of these styles of pan, but a tube pan was one baking must-have that I didn’t own (and still don’t).
I once tried to bake an angel food cake ( following the box recipe) in a bundt cake and that baby exploded…ALL inside my new stove. I am talking “smell of burnt marshmallow wafting through my home, expanded cake mix seeping through the stove grates kind of nightmare.” Don’t ever try that folks!
But this angel food cake recipe does not follow the box instructions and uniquely only uses 1 can of crushed pineapple (in juice) to make it bake! So, I am sure you will have many questions about this 2 ingredient cake recipe, so I am going to try to answer them all below.
Ingredients for 2 Ingredients Pineapple Angel Food Cake
It is super, duper important that you follow these exact sizes and types for these 2 items, or “ingredients” needed to bake this cake.
- 16 ounce Angel Food cake mix (I only used this brand because it was cheaper. I am not partial to a particular brand.
- 20 ounces of crushed pineapple in juice. It must be juice and not syrup!!
Can I use a Bundt Pan for Angel Food Cake?
The answer to this can be found above with my nightmare story but, I will reiterate that NO, you cannot use a bundt cake pan to bake REGULAR Angel Food cake by the box instructions. If your bundt is too shallow, it will rise and spill all over your oven and ruin it! Only use a fluted tube pan for Angel Food cake.
However, for this recipe using only the boxed Angel Food cake mix and the 20 ounce crushed pineapple (in juice) you CAN use a bundt cake pan that is high walled like the one above. This recipe can also be baked in a 9 x 13 glass Pyrex but you must spray it with non-stick.
Do I need to spray my pan with nonstick spray?
Yes, you must spray your bundt or glass Pyrex with nonstick spray to prevent this cake from sticking. The sugar from the cake & pineapple create a caramelized crust that will stick to the pan if you do not spray it. Please allow the cake to cool in full before gently removing.
Best Topping for Pineapple Angel Food Cake
If you are following a certain lifestyle or diet plan, I recommend using sugar free whipped topping and a cherry. If not, whipped cream, or topping like Cool Whip work well.
What is the texture of Pineapple Angel Food Cake?
This cake baked up to a really heavy cake that was super moist and dense! It is very filling and has a very spongy, moist texture that is super delicious! It didn’t bake up to be the prettiest cake, but its taste makes it very forgiving.
Other Cake Recipe You’ll Love
- Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Mayo Cake
- Best Banana Bundt Cake with Walnut Cream Cheese
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Pistachio Bundt Cake
- Easy Pineapple Lush Cake
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 20 oz canned crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a deep walled bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (batter will expand and get foamy), add the cake mix and whole contents of the pineapple can.
- Mix carefully to combine.
- Pour batter into your bundt pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before removing from pan and optionally frosting.