A Quick and Tasty Potato Salad with Ranch Dressing !
Sometimes I love to take inventory of my pantry and make creative recipes from foods that I have on hand.
The other day I had some potatoes that were just about on their way to the composter due to the extreme humidity we had a few days in a row. I was able to salvage them, and really wanted to make a cold potato salad.
Then, I realized I had no mayonnaise–major issue!
We did have some vinegar and olive oil, but my kids and husband prefer a much creamier version. I definitely did not feel like running out for mayo so I decided to use what I had on hand which was a bottle of ranch dressing.
I don’t know about you, but we love ranch dressing so much! It is delicious on burgers, in salads, and casseroles. Therefore, why not try a potato salad made with ranch dressing? Sounded good enough to me!
I peeled 7-8 medium sizes potatoes and boiled 2 eggs. Boiled eggs are a fantastic addition to potato salad. They add texture, flavor, and protein!
You’ve got to add some crunch to a potato salad!
Having a crunchy element in my potato salad is a must. I didn’t have green onion or scallions so I went with some diced white onion among other herbs, and spices.
If you have scallions or green onions, by all means, add them. However, chopped red or white onion is a great addition.
Be sure to let your ranch potato salad chill in the refrigerator before eating. It tastes much better cold.
You’ll Need These Ingredients:
- Ranch Dressing-8-10 ounces
- onion-1/3 cup diced finely
- Potatoes-7 medium potatoes
- black pepper-1/2 teaspoon
- dill-1 teaspoon
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- eggs-hard boiled-2
Peel, rinse, and dice potatoes
Boil potatoes until fork tender
Finely dice onions
Drain and rinse potatoes with cold water
Add potatoes, spices, and dressing to a large bowl and mix thoroughly
Peel, and slice egg and add on top.
Allow ranch potato salad to chill in the refrigerator for 3+ hours (optional for best flavor)
Serve chilled as a perfect side dish.
Ranch Potato Salad with Eggs
- 8-10 ounces Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup diced finely onion
- 7 medium potatoes Potatoes
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs-hard boiled
- Peel, rinse, and dice potatoes
- Boil potatoes until fork tender
- Finely dice onions
- Drain and rinse potatoes with cold water
- Add potatoes, spices, and dressing to a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Peel, and slice egg and add on top.
- Allow ranch potato salad to chill in the refrigerator for 3+ hours (optional for best flavor)
- Serve chilled as a perfect side dish.