Tender pasta is tossed in a robust Italian dressing and features mozzarella pearls, pepperoni, pepper rings, and veggies.
Pepperoni Pasta Salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for potlucks, picnics, or any other occasion where you need a crowd-pleaser. It is made with simple ingredients like pasta, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and vegetables, tossed in a flavorful Italian dressing.
The best part about Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad is that it can be customized to your liking. If you don’t like pepperoni (like my oldest), you can use sausage or ham instead. If you don’t like olives, you can leave them out. And if you want to add some extra flavor, you can add red onion, cheddar cubes, or even bacon.
No matter how you make it, Pizza Pasta Salad is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. My kiddos cannot get enough of this easy to make dish! Even my husband requested that I make this again ASAP but with green peppers and sweet white onion as a variation.
Bowtie pasta – is a type of pasta that is shaped like small bows. It is a good choice for this salad because it has a lot of surface area, which allows it to absorb the dressing and flavor of the other ingredients.
Pepperoni – is a type of cured sausage that is typically used on pizza. It is a good choice for this salad because it has a salty and savory flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients.
Mozzarella Cheese Pearls – are small balls of mozzarella cheese. They are a good choice for this salad because they are easy to eat and they have a mild flavor that does not overpower the other ingredients.
Red Bell Pepper – a type of sweet pepper that is typically used in salads. It is a good choice for this salad because it adds color and flavor.
Cherry Tomatoes – are small, round tomatoes that are typically used in salads. They are a good choice for this salad because they are sweet and juicy.
Hot Pepper Rings – are small, pickled peppers that are typically used in salads. They add a bit of heat to the salad, which makes it more flavorful.
Black Olives – a type of olive that is typically used in salads. They add a salty and briny flavor to the salad.
Italian Dressing – a type of salad dressing that is typically made with olive oil, vinegar, herbs, and spices. It is a good choice for this salad because it adds flavor and moisture to the salad.
Parmesan Cheese – is a type of hard cheese that is typically grated and used on top of salads. It adds a salty and nutty flavor to the salad.
How to Make Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, hot pepper rings, black olives, and Italian dressing.
- Toss the salad to coat.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tips for the Yummiest Pasta Salad
- For a creamier salad, add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to the dressing.
- For a spicier salad, add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the dressing.
- For a healthier salad, use whole-wheat pasta and low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- To make the salad ahead of time, cook the pasta and assemble the salad, but do not add the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Pizza Pasta Salad is best served chilled for one hour.
There are many variations for pepperoni pasta salad. Here are a few ideas:
- Use a different type of pasta, such as penne, rotini, or shells.
- Add different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Parmesan, or Pepperjack.
- Add different types of vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, or green olives.
- Add different types of meat, such as sausage, ham, or bacon.
- Use a different type of dressing, such as ranch, Caesar, or a vinaigrette.
- Add different toppings, such as shredded lettuce, croutons, or bacon bits.
Get creative and experiment with different combinations of ingredients to find your favorite variation of pepperoni pizza pasta salad!
How to Store Pepperoni Pasta Salad
Pizza pasta salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To store the salad, place it in an airtight container or bag. Be sure to keep the salad cold, as it will spoil if it is left at room temperature for too long.
When you are ready to serve the salad, let it come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to come together and the salad to become more flavorful.
More Pasta Salads to Try Today
Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- large mixing bowl
- cutting board & knives
- measuring cups
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta cooked al dente
- 1 cup pepperoni quartered
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese pearls
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup hot pepper rings
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, red bell pepper, hot pepper rings, and black olives.
- Add in the dressing and toss to combine, and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.