A zesty, sweet, and savory pasta salad that is creamy and delicious. This recipe features a homemade dressing that pairs so well with the flavors in this easy dish.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy salad to serve at your next picnic or potluck? Look no further than this creamy ham and cheese pasta salad! It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet, with a bit of tang from the homemade dressing. Plus, it can be made ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about last-minute preparations- perfect for busy parents like myself!
Why I Love this Pasta Salad
- Quick to make
- Almost fool-proof
- Sweet and savory flavor
This ham & cheese pasta salad is one of the most delicious cold pasta dishes that I’ve made in a while. The tangy, sweet, homemade dressing pairs perfectly with the smoky, sweet ham, and mild cheddar cubes. In fact this salad eats like a meal and is perfect for meal planning.
How to Make Creamy Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
This salad is so simple to make and consists of really only a few steps for success.
Gather all your ingredients, and prep anything that needs to be chopped, or diced.
Bring a 5-quart stock pot to a boil, and add pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente.
Strain out water, and drain pasta into a colander. Rinse pasta with cold water until no longer hot.
In a medium bowl, add the dressing ingredients, and whisk until combined; set aside.
Pour dressing over the mixture, and mix to combine. Cover the bowl, and chill for at least one hour. You may need to remix before serving.
More Salad Recipes to Try Today
If you want to store your Creamy Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad in the refrigerator, just follow these easy steps.
- Scoop any leftovers into a large container with an airtight lid. This will last up to 3 days for best flavor in the refrigerator. It unfortunately does NOT freeze well.
- Be sure to mix the salad before serving to evenly coat the dressing.
Creamy Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
- 5-quart stockpot
- cutting board & knife
- large bowl
- 16 ounces ham steaks We used Hatfield Honey Ham steaks (2)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta cooked until al dente
- ¾ cup diced peppers We used mini, red and orange rainbow peppers for a sweet flavor.
- 2 tablespoons green onion diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
- ¼ cup organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a 5-quart stock pot to a boil, and add pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Strain out water, and drain pasta into a colander. Rinse pasta with cold water until no longer hot.
- Add strained pasta to a large bowl, and mix in ham, cheese, peppers, and onion.
- In a medium bowl, add the dressing ingredients, and whisk until combined; set aside.
- Pour dressing over the mixture, and mix to combine. Cover the bowl, and chill for at least one hour. You may need to remix before serving.