If you’re looking for a delicious and easy pasta salad recipe, this is the one for you. This chilled, Easy Pizza Pasta Salad comes together in minutes but does taste best when chilled because this allows the flavor to soak in and meld. You’ll love how it tastes just as good as it looks and that it can be made ahead of time–hello, cooler mornings! Preparing a dish like this will not only impress your family but also make your life easier at dinnertime.
Lazy, hot summer days can make you want to do nothing more than lay on your couch and watch TV in the cold AC. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Here’s a recipe for an easy Pizza Pasta Salad that will keep you cool with minimal kitchen heating. You’ll need simple ingredients like pasta, tomatoes, onion, olives, pepperoni or salami (whatever you like best), various cheeses, and spices. The dressing is simply Italian, or you can use your favorite vinegarette.
We love that this salad is so hearty that it can be a side dish or meal.
The best part about making this dish? It’s so simple to customize to your taste buds. Use different toppings or try adding bacon bits on top of your favorite kind of cheese. For those who need more veggies in their life, try adding some mushrooms on top!
The possibilities are endless with what type of flavors you want to mix into your pizza pasta salad–After all, this is based on your favorite pizza toppings so use your imagination to cater to the toppings you love & enjoy!
- Italian Dressing – Use can use any oil and vinegar-based dressing you might prefer.
- Mini spaghetti cooked, rinsed, drained. *Can use any pasta you prefer or have on hand, but this mini spaghetti was too cute!
- Salt – for boiling pasta
- Pepperoni – Can use mini, large, or cut your own for heartier chunks. Salami is also a tasty addition!
- Mozzarella cheese – Can use shredded, cubed, or pearls. Additionally, you can use cubed cheddar cheese if you prefer that!
- Bell Peppers – Green and red bell pepper cored, seeded, and diced add pretty color and flavors.
- Red onion – Adds a nice color and flavor without being too strong.
- Black olives – sliced or whole varieties work best and provide a briny, salty flavor.
- Cherry tomatoes – I added these for color and flavor.
- Pepperoncini peppers – These peppers are found on pizza, subs, and more! They make a nice addition and bring added flavor, salt, and heat.
- Fresh basil – I have a herb garden at home, and always try to incorporate basil into my dishes. This is no exception.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water.
- Drain and rinse cooked mini spaghetti in a colander. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Italian dressing and toss.
- Add your favorite toppings, like pepperoni, cheese, tomato, red onion, pepperoncini, green peppers, olives, and fresh basil.
- Stir until well combined and chill for at least 4 hours to allow for all the flavors to meld.
More Summer Salads to Try
- Greek Pasta Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Chickpea Salad with Feta
- Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad
- Bowtie Basil, Tomato, and Feta Pasta Salad
You should try this pizza spaghetti salad because it’s delicious. It’s also easy to make and can be made ahead of time for a party or get together. The recipe is below! We hope you enjoy the dish as much as we do! Will you be making this salad?
Easy Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
- 6 quart stockpot
- cutting board
- large mixing bowl
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 pound Mini spaghetti cooked, rinsed, drained. *Can use any pasta you prefer or have on-hand
- 1 teaspoon salt for boiling pasta
- 4 ounces pepperoni *can use mini, large, or cut your own for heartier chunks.
- 1 cup Mozarella cheese *can use shredded, cubed, or pearls.
- 1 small green bell pepper cored, seeded, and diced.
- 1 small red bell pepper cored, seeded, and diced.
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup black olives sliced or whole
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup pepperoncini peppers drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente. I usally add a teaspoon of salt to my water for one pound of pasta. Drain and rinse cooked pasta making sure there is no excess water left behind.
- Once pasta is drained, add it to a large mixing bowl, and mix it with one cup of Italian dressing.
- Add all remaining mix-ins and toss to combine.
- Cover the pasta salad tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to allow flavors to fully meld. This tastes perfectly the next day and makes a good meal prep salad.