If you are looking for a fool-proof pasta meal, then this easy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe is exactly what you need in your life! Made with frozen ravioli, this meal is almost fool-proof and is way easier than traditional lasagna!
Loaded with cheese, and sauce, this spin on lasagna made with store-bought ravioli is perfect for anyone who loves a hearty, filling meal. Plus, it is cheaper and quicker to make because it uses only 4 ingredients!
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following four ingredients on hand:
- Frozen Ravioli – We love Mama Rosie’s brand frozen ravioli. It is really tasty and pretty inexpensive as well. For this recipe, you will need two (2) 25-ounce bags.
- Marinara / Pasta Sauce – You will need 45 ounces of sauce. We like a lot of sauce. If you prefer less sauce then use a 24-ounce jar.
- Cheese – I use both Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in this recipe. I love the texture of melted Mozzarella, and the flavor punch Parmesan cheese brings.
- Fresh Basil – Fresh, fragrant basil chopped and sprinkled over the finished dish really amplifies the flavor of this meal.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- Deep Dish Pyrex – This pan is a deeper version of a standard 9″x13″ inch Pyrex glassware pan. It makes baking foods like these Lasagna Rolls a cinch. If you don’t have a deep-dish pan, you will notice that the food will get close to the top of the pan. Use non-stick spray on the aluminum foil cover to prevent sticking.
- Conventional Oven – To bake this meal. Use the center rack to ensure even baking.
- Aluminum foil – Use the nonstick variety to cover this dish during most of the baking time. But chances are if you use the deep dish Pyrex your ingredients will not touch the foil. However, you still need to cover the dish to steam the ravioli in the sauce.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my top tips for ensuring your Ravioli Lasagna comes out perfectly.
About the Ravioli
For this recipe, we used Mama Rosie’s Jumbo Cheese Ravioli. This brand makes a lot of different flavored products that can all be used in this recipe. You do not need to pre-cook the frozen ravioli before baking.
You can also use fresh ravioli from the deli area of your supermarket. This would reduce the baking time by 10 minutes.
While mozzarella and Parmesan cheese was our preference for this recipe, you can use whichever blend you prefer. Mozzarella, Italian Cheese Blend, or white cheddar are some options. Additionally, you can grate your own by hand or use a food processor for a creamier, even melted cheese topping.
This meal can be layered earlier in the day (or the night before), and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. With just about a 45-minute cook time, dinner will be effortless & ready in under an hour.
This recipe can be stored as leftovers in the refrigerator or turned into a freezer meal. See details below:
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for best taste.
For freezing, use a disposable pan to prepare the lasagna. To prevent any accidents or glass shattering, I always suggest making freezer meals in disposable aluminum foil pans. This prevents any adverse reactions to temperature changes your pan will have going from frozen to heat.
- Assemble all layers but do not bake the dish.
- Cover disposable pan(s) with lid, and secure with plastic wrap.
- Label the pan with the date, cooking directions, and meal type.
Baking from Frozen
If baking this meal from frozen:
- Remove the pan from the freezer and remove the plastic wrap.
- If you already covered it with aluminum foil before freezing, keep it in place. If you didn’t, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Add an additional 15 minutes to the “covered baking time” as listed in the recipe below. Therefore, you will need to bake for 45 minutes while covered instead of 30 minutes.
Follow the recipe below to make Lasagna Ravioli! This recipe makes 6 adult-sized servings, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
Ravioli Lasagna Recipe – Super Simple
- 9" x 13" Pyrex Deep Dish Baking Pan
- aluminum foil
- conventional oven
- 48 ounces Frozen Ravioli *your preference of flavors
- 45 ounces marinara sauce *your favorite brand/flavor
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped, *can also use fresh parsley
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a deep dish 9" x 13" Pyrex with nonstick spray.
- Add ¼ of the sauce jar to the bottom of the pan.
- Line the first bag of ravioli onto the sauce in an even layer.
- Add an even layer of cheeses.
- Repeat steps 3-5 again to make 2 layers with the top being the last of the cheese.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes. Then, carefully uncover the pan with oven-mitted hands and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side salad or garlic bread.