Slow cooker peach cobbler is a sweet and satisfying dessert made with juicy peach filling, and a buttery, golden-brown topping. This dessert also goes by the name of Slow Cooker Peach Dump Cake.
Slow cooker peach cobbler is a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with canned peach pie filling, a simple cake mix cobbler topping, and baked in a slow cooker until it is hot and bubbly. Slow cooker peach cobbler is easy to make and can be enjoyed anytime of year (especially the summertime) since the slow cooker doesn’t really add heat to a home.
If you’re like me and live a busy life but still want a homemade dessert at the end of the day, this peach cobbler dessert is for you! You can pretty much set it and *almost* forget it for at least 2 1/2 hours. Similar to classic Peach Dump Cake, this slow cooked peach cobbler features just cake mix, canned peach pie filling, and unsalted butter. It’s super easy to prepare and the slow cooker does all the hard work.
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Ingredients
Peaches – We used canned peach pie filling by Lucky Leaf. This is a canned product that contains peaches, sugar, and spices. It is a convenient way to get fresh-tasting peaches for your cobbler that are already thickened and ready to bake with.
Cake Mix – Yellow cake mix is featured and contains flour, sugar, baking powder, and other ingredients. It is a quick and easy way to make a cobbler topping.
Butter – Unsalted butter is important for both greasing the slow cooker and topping the dry cake mix to bake it to a bubbly goodness. Just be sure you do not use salted butter or it will be super salty!
How to Make Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Dessert
Use one tablespoon of butter to grease the inside of the slow cooker to prevent the cake from sticking.
Add the peach pie filling to the greased slow cooker.
Sprinkle on the cake mix, and gently pat it in with a spatula.
Place the butter pats over the top of the cobbler.
Cover and cook on low for 2 ½ -3 hours, or until the peaches are tender and the topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Peach Cobbler Variations
- For a different flavor, try using different types of fruit pie filling, such as blueberries, apples, or even cherry.
- To add a bit of sweetness, sprinkle the topping with brown sugar before slow cooking.
- To make a cobbler with a crunchy topping, add 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans to the topping mixture.
- Swap the cake mix flavor to spice cake mix or white cake mix for a fun flavor twist.
- To make a gluten-free cobbler, use gluten-free cake mix.
- To make a vegan cobbler, use plant-based butter.
The cobbler can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To enjoy, simply reheat and serve with ice cream or whipped cream/topping for a tasty treat.
More Peach Recipes for the Summer
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 5-quart slow cooker
- cutting board & knife
- rubber spatula
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 42 ounces canned peach pie filling
- 13 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pats, *1 for greasing the slow cooker
- Use one tablespoon of butter to grease the inside of the slow cooker to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Add the peach pie filling to the greased slow cooker.
- Sprinkle on the cake mix, and gently pat it in with a spatula.
- Place the butter pats over the top of the cobbler.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 ½ -3 hours, or until the peaches are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.