Eggroll in a Bowl
This eggroll is a bowl recipe is perfect for those that are following wholesome eating plans like low-carb lifestyles. It features seasoned, ground pork, thin sliced onion, cabbage, and fresh garlic.
Servings: 4 people
large wok or skillet
garlic press (optional)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion sliced thin
- 4 whole cloves garlic minced or pressed for best flavor
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound cabbage sliced thin *Can also use coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos *can also use soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons green onion for garnishing*
In a large wok, add ground pork, onion, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder, and cook until browned.
Stir in sesame oil, sliced cabbage, chicken stock, ginger, and aminos; cook for an additional 7 minutes over low-medium heat or until cabbage is cooked but not mushy.
Remove from heat and serve warm with green onions for garnishing.
Nutritional values may vary and are meant to be a guide.
Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 432cal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 647mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 85.3mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2.3mg