Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make? Look no further than blueberry crisp! This classic dish is always a hit with guests, and it’s really simple to prepare. All you need is a handful of ingredients, and in no time at all, you’ll have a sweet and satisfying snack or dessert. So why not give blueberry crisp a try today? You won’t regret it!
Blueberry Crisp features a buttery, golden-brown oat topping spread over sweet blueberries and baked until a bubbly perfection. This easy dessert comes together in 30 minutes and tastes perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is super easy because it uses canned blueberries, and is similar to our Apple Crisp, Pear Cranberry Crisp, Cherry Crisp, or Pineapple Crisp recipes. You only need a few simple ingredients, and in no time at all, you’ll have a delicious dessert that everyone will love. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
How to Make Blueberry Crisp
Gather all your supplies, and ingredients. Spray the baking dish with nonstick spray, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Open canned blueberry filling, and spread the blueberries onto the bottom of the baking dish.
Scatter mixture over the top of the blueberry filling.
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. The blueberries will bubble up and the topping will be golden brown and slightly firm.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
How to Store Blueberry Crisp
If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To heat, place a portion in the microwave and heat until warmed.
Want to freeze this? Since it just uses canned blueberry pie filling, I suggest simply freezing the crisp topping, unbaked. To do this, assemble crisp topping, and freeze in an airtight bag for up to 3 months. Thaw topping in the refrigerator overnight before adding to the blueberries.
Other Mouthwatering Blueberry Desserts to Try
- 2 Ingredient Blueberry Angel Food Cake
- Easy Blueberry Lemon Hand Pies
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bombs
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups with Blueberries
Easy Blueberry Crisp
- 1 8 x 8 baker
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 oven (adjusted to the center rack position)
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cutting board and knife
- 42 ounces canned blueberry pie filling (2) 21-ounce cans
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats can also use quick-cook oats
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 8 dish with nonstick spray. You can also use a deep dish pie plate like I used.
- Open canned blueberry filling, and spread the blueberries onto the bottom of the greased baking dish.42 ounces canned blueberry pie filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and butter cubes. Using clean, or gloved hands, mix the topping together until no longer crumbly.½ cup old-fashioned oats, ¾ cup light brown sugar, ¾ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Scatter mixture over the top of the blueberry filling.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. The blueberries will bubble up and the topping will be golden brown and slightly firm.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.