In this post, we’ll show you how to make Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers. These sweet bite-sized peppers are stuffed with a scrumptious bacon cream-cheese mixture and are almost identical to a jalapeño popper. Roasted in the oven, these peppers make a delicious summer appetizer that everyone will love at first bite.
Summer is all about the easy-to-make and eat appetizers. This pepper appetizer is no different in that it can be grilled or oven-baked! The sweet flesh of the roasted or grilled peppers tastes so delicious with the spicy, cream cheese and bacon mixture inside. You can make this recipe with sweet mini peppers or jalapenos. But, if you use jalapenos be sure to wear gloves to remove the ribs and seeds.
Before starting this recipe, you’ll want to verify that you have the following ingredients:
- Mini Peppers – Also know as mini rainbow peppers, these two-bite peppers are found in vibrant colors of red, yellow, and orange. They have a sweet flesh that lends itself nicely to this savory filling.
- Cream Cheese – The staple of most dips and appetizers, this is used for flavor and helps to bind the other ingredients.
- Bacon – This recipe required 4-6 strips of crispy bacon chopped into smaller pieces. Any flavor of bacon you prefer will work nicely.
- Cheddar Cheese – Pairs so nicely with the other ingredients and offers a nice flavor and cheesy texture.
- Worcestershire Sauce – This is a favorite ingredient of mine for making dips and wontons.
- Green Onion – Adds color and a mild onion flavor without the bite of a traditional onion.
- Spices – Black pepper, onion, and garlic powder helps to flavor these stuffed peppers to perfection.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
We used the following equipment and supplies to make this recipe. Items that are optional or can be substituted will be noted.
- Cutting board & knife – to chop veggies.
- Mixing bowl & spoon – To mix the pepper filling.
- Large baking sheet – To bake the peppers on.
- Oven – Adjusted to the center rack to bake the peppers on.
This recipe is easy to make if you know the right tips and tricks! Here are my tips for ensuring your Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers come out perfectly.
If you prefer to not heat up your home by running your oven, you can also grill these. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place stuffed peppers cheese side up on a grill pan or grill grate. Close grill and cook for 8 minutes or until the bottom of the peppers are slightly charred, and the cheese mixture is golden-brown.
You can add or swap some of the ingredients this recipe calls for. Some add-ins or swaps include:
- Browned sausage
- Bacon Bits
- Diced tomato
- Mozzarella, Velveeta, Pepper Jack, feta, swiss, or even shredded American cheese off the block.
If you want to store your Sweet Pepper Poppers, just follow these easy steps.
- Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 3 days for best taste. Microwave to reheat.
- To freeze, place stuffed peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 4-6 hours until frozne solid. Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake peppers for 20-2 minutes or until heated throughout. Cool and enjoy!
Follow the recipe below to make Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers. This recipe makes 24 halves, but you can adjust the recipe card for other serving sizes.
More Cheesy Appetizers to Try!
- Baked Cream Cheese Wontons
- Steak & Cheese Bombs
- Pepperoni & Cheese Bombs
- Garlic Pull-Apart Cheesy Bread
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 Mini Peppers rainbow style
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature.
- 4 sliced bacon cooked until crisp
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1½ tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onion diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Wash, dry, and slice peppers lenght-wise. Scoop out membrane and any seeds. Line peppers on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Add all filling ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Fill pepper halves with one tablespoon of mixture each.
- Bake peppers until soft, and golden-browned; about 12-15 minutes. Enjoy warm.
These mini-stuffed peppers are amazing!! I made them up a bit differently as i did not have the recipe in front of me when it came time to make them; I blended the seasonings & Worcestershire sauce with the cream cheese & stuffed the peppers, then added the bacon, green onions & shredded cheese on top; I did use less Worcestershire sauce as I seasoned to my taste which is less salt.
I baked several batches – using both my toaster oven and “air fried” a batch in my air fryer; I imagine these would be even better grilled now that it’s summer.
I used shredded GOUDA cheese – the nuttiness of Gouda goes really well with the savory/salty cream cheese mixture, bacon, green onions and then the sweetness of the mini peppers – it’s flavorful mouthful!. Even self-declared “pepper hating” people liked these!!! This recipe is a keeper! thanks!