Cupid Crunch is a sweet and delicious no-bake snack mix that features Chex cereal, melted candy, and an assortment of tasty add-ins like chocolate, morsels, marshmallows and popcorn. It makes a yummy edible gift idea for friends or family.
Looking for a fun & tasty snack that is super sweet and colorful? This Valentine’s Day snack mix is known as Cupid or Cupid’s Crunch and features an assortment of ingredients that are easy to find.
You might remember that we made Reindeer Chow this past holiday season. It was such a hit, but my kids thought the peanut butter & chocolate combo mixed with the butter was really rich. So, for this recipe I decided to only use melting wafers and less powdered sugar. Of course, it is still sweet but has a less “decadent” taste.
What is Cupid Crunch?
Cupid Crunch is the Valentine’s Day version of Muddy Buddies. It features Chex cereal pieces coated in white chocolate, or melted candy wafers. The cereal pieces are coated in the candy and then tossed with powdered sugar.
Then, add-ins like M&Ms, Sixlets, mini marshmallows, and popcorn add a complementary flavor and “crunch” hence the name.
Cupid Crunch Ingredients
M&MS. We used the white chocolate and traditional Valentine’s Day varieties.
Mini Marshmallows. This adds a nice texture to the mix to balance it out.
Popcorn. Any candy coated variety would work.
Sixlets. We love the pretty colors these candy coated chocolate balls are available in.
Chocolate Morsels. We love using white chocolate morsels but you can add any flavor you prefer.
You can also add mini pretzels, sprinkles, or gummy candies to your mix. Get the full recipe below & check out our video.
How to Make Cupid Crunch
This Valentine’s Day snack mix is super easy and takes less than 10 minutes to make. It is a no-bake snack idea that requires just a microwave unless you prefer to use a double boiler.
You simply coat the cereal with white chocolate or melted candy wafers, toss in powdered sugar, and add other crunchy additions like additional candy.
How to Serve Cupid Crunch
I love to serve this in little cup-size portions for my kids snacks. However, you can also bag it up. It contains no peanuts so it is a safer lunchbox snack for my kids to eat at school.
You can portion it into snack bags, bag it up in Valentine’s Day goodie bags or little jars.
This snack mix should NOT be stored in the fridge or freezer. The candy and chocolate will sweat and cause moisture which will make the powdered sugar taste wet.
Admittedly, this snack mix is super addicting and goes FAST! We prefer to store ours in glass Pyrex storage bowls with lids. However, you can also store it in air-tight bags. We have tested it out to be fresh-tasting for up to one week when stored properly.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Strawberry Danish
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries
- Raisin Valentine’s Day treats
- Heart Stencil Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Donuts
- White Chocolate Hearts
- 12 oz Wilton Pink Candy Melts
- 1 tsp shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 cups Wheat Chex Cereal you can use rice or corn Chex as well.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup M&Ms Valentine's Day blend
- 3/4 cup M&Ms White Chocolate Valentine's Day flavor
- 1/2 cup Sixlets in pink shimmer
- 1 cup Popcorn I used red & white Valentine's Day variety
- Add candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt candy on 50% heat for 30 seconds at a time stirring in-between each.
- Add the shortening to make it creamier.
- Place the Chex mix inside a large freezer bag.
- Pour the melted chocolate in.
- Mix around until all cereal pieces are coated.
- Add in the powdered sugar to coat each chex piece.
- Empty coated Cupid Crunch onto a baking sheet.
- Add all the candies, marshmallows, and popcorn.
- Mix well with a spoon to combine.
- Store all extras in an air-tight container. This last for 1 week when at room temperature. We personally like to use glass Pyrex dishes with airtight lids. These work better than storage bags.