Heart-shaped crescent roll danish made with 4 ingredients right at home. Get this deliciously sweet danish recipe today and treat your sweethearts to a yummy breakfast or snack!
With Valentine’s Day in just 2 days, I wanted to share a last-minute Super Quick Yummy Strawberry Danish Recipe that requires just four ingredients. It is a Valentine’s Day breakfast option you can whip up really quick for your love(s). Of course, you can also make these danish any time, but I figured why not spread the recipe love and share these easy danish sooner, rather than later.
Baking with crescent dough is one of my favorite foodie hacks. Virtually all the work is cut out for the baker making it super appealing! In fact, I love crescent dough so much, you can even find a collection of my own recipes using crescent dough on our site.
My son kind of inspired these crescent roll danish with his love for playing with “play dough”. He has been making me heart shaped creations in overdrive which gave me the idea to attempt to make some of my own.
I think I could have definitely taken some tips from little Blake, but for what it is worth, it is the thought that counts–right? The crescent dough hearts pretty much stayed with their shapes during baking which was a good score.
For the filling, I used a really quality-based preserve. I found it at Walgreen’s and it is called Nice! Foods Strawberry Preserves. It is thick and has little chunks of real strawberry inside which makes it a yummy option. I do not recommend using jelly as it will probably turn watery.
I added about a 1/2 tablespoon to the center of each raw dough heart. After forming the heart shape, I made a depression in the dough to create it.
Since I have found ovens vary greatly, I suggest baking these at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. You want them to be a golden brown color but not too dark or they will dry out.
Once they are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool a little before icing.
The basic icing is simply milk + powdered sugar. Whisk until creamy, and not too thin. If you find it is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar in.
Swizzle about 5 minutes after baking and enjoy warm!
Your little Valentines are sure to love this Super Quick Yummy Strawberry Danish Recipe made with Just 4 Ingredients!
Super Quick & Yummy Strawberry Danish Recipe
- 1 tube Crescent Roll Dough
- 4 tablespoons Strawberry preserves Use about a 1/2 tablespoon each per danish
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap each crescent dough triangle.
- Using your clean hands, form the dough into a heart shape by rolling it into a long, snake-like shape. *If you prefer a circle shape just shape them round with a center depression.
- Form into a heart and create a sealed depression in the center for the preserves.
- Add 1/2 tablespoons of strawberry preserves to each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure they are fully cooked!
- Meanwhile, mix milk and powdered sugar to create the icing glaze.
- Once done crescents are done, allow them to cool for 5 minutes and then swizzle with the icing.
- Enjoy right away for best taste!