Are you ready for some football? Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just enjoy watching the occasional game, homegating is a great way to celebrate with friends and family. Check out these tips for making your next homegating party a success! This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to football season, I immediately think about all the delicious appetizers and good mood foods the season brings. There is nothing better than gathering with friends and family and watching the game–with yummy treats of course! Check out some possibly new to you foods and ideas below!
Yummy Homegating Food Ideas
Dips – A good dip is the quintessential food of homegating and football season. If you are not in the mood to make hot dips like Cheesy Bacon and Sausage Dip or White Queso an easy and tasty option is hummus. I love the Sabra brand and have purchased and enjoyed it for years!
Sabra Classic Hummus + Sabra Spicy Hummus are game-day musts! They are made with simple, flavorful blend of chickpeas, garlic, and a creamy paste called tahini made from toasted ground sesame seeds and more! The end result is a versatile, craveable, creamy, vegan, gluten-free, Kosher, and Non-GMO snack! I love mine with crackers, and thick chips!
Quick Meals – Maybe you’re not the best cook and it is just you and a loved one at home? Easy meals like Banquet Country Fried Chicken MEGA Meal is perfect for anyone with a hearty appetite. Ready in minutes, this microwave-friendly fried-chicken meal boasts 30 grams of protein, this generously portioned meal is sure to satisfy your white meat chicken cravings.
Salty Snacks – We all know chips, and dip is a game day must, but so is popcorn! Have you tried ACT II Hot & Spicy Popcorn? This bold, spicy popcorn really does have the perfect amount of flavor, and heat! It is the kind of heat the complements the fluffy popcorn texture without burning your mouth!
Upscale Eats – If you have a taste for the finer things in life like truffle oil and figs, you’ll love the next two brands! Love sweet and savory food pairings? If so, you will LOVE Roland® Fig Jam which is made with 65% fig and just 5 ingredients total! It is perfect for spreading on gourmet crackers, toast, or adding to tarts. We loved it with crackers and a side of cheese which balanced all the flavors nicely.
Another tasty specialty food is Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil. This truffle oil is sourced from a multi-generational truffle oil producer in the Italian region of Umbria. Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil is extra virgin olive oil is a mildly peppery oil infused with a subtle truffle aroma and includes pieces of organic white truffles in every bottle.
The smell is fantastic, and it goes so well on pasta, greens, and even fresh fries!
Now that you have some food ideas in-mind, let’s explore other ways to prepare for your next homegating event! We even have a free printable homegating checklist to get you ready for gameday!
1. Get your game face on: It’s time to get pumped for the big game! Whether you’re cheering on your favorite team or just there for the snacks, make sure you’re ready to show your support.
2. Stock up on snacks and drinks: No homegating party is complete without plenty of food and drink options. Make sure you have enough to feed all your guests – and then some!
3. Set up your TV and sound system: This is arguably the most important part of homegating – making sure you have a great view of the game! Set up your TV in a central location, along with any sound system or streaming devices you might need.
4. Get your decorating on point: Show your team spirit with some homegating-themed decor! Whether you go all out or keep it simple, a few football-related items will help get everyone in the mood for the game.
5. Make sure you’re prepared for any outcome: No matter what happens during the game, be sure to have a plan for how you and your guests will react. Whether it’s celebrating a big win or commiserating a tough loss, make sure everyone knows what to do – and has plenty of snacks and drinks on hand to get through it!
Are you ready for some football touchdowns? Celebrate the football season by printing this Free Printable Homegating Checklist to be ready for game day & friends! Simply checkoff everything on your list for a day of wins!