Mini Cheesecakes are a delicious, bite-sized dessert. If you are a cheesecake lover, you will appreciate the flavor and size of these. Made with buttery vanilla wafers, fresh lemon, and topped with mint.
This easy dessert baked in a muffin tin is a perfect choice for a Summer BBQ, party, or holiday staple!
Best Mini Cheesecake Recipe
One of my all time favorite desserts happens to be cheesecake! I am not a person who typically goes to sweets like cake or cupcakes, but I do love me some cheesecake!
Over the years, I have made a variety of cheesecakes that are all delicious in their own ways. Whether you are on the keto diet —hello, Low-Carb Strawberry Cheesecake or Low-Carb Blueberry Cheesecake.
Typically, I am not one for crust on my cheesecake ( I prefer Crustless Cheesecake). However, my husband and kids love cheesecake with crust. So today, I wanted to mix things up and use vanilla wafers with a tad of cinnamon and unsalted butter.
Perfect Party Cheesecake
These mini cheesecakes made in a muffin tin are perfect for summer parties. Everyone loves a chilled dessert and these do not disappoint. They are so easy to make and can be made in a cupcake pan with liners! This makes these easy to transport them.
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
Today’s recipe features fresh lemon juice and zest, but you can omit these flavors and make these baby cheesecakes with just vanilla. We are all about lemon here and love the vibrant, rich flavor they produce.
I topped mine with giant mint sprigs for decorative purposes. My garden is out of control with mint so I have been adding it to everything lately.
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
Making these tiny cheesecakes was so easy! The trick was to make sure my cream cheese and eggs were room temperature. Leaving my cream cheese, and eggs out for 3 hours did the trick! Cold cream cheese and eggs do not blend well and will create a lumpy, cracked batter.
Since these are lemon-flavored, I added fresh lemon juice and zest but you do not need to add them if you prefer plain. I just recommend upping the vanilla extract to 1/2 tbsps if you choose no lemon flavor.
I used a muffin tin to bake these and double white cupcake liners. I did spray them with nonstick to make things easier. If you were serving these for a party you would not need to remove them from the cupcake liners. I only removed them to show you all how cute these miniature cheesecakes were.
The Best Cheesecake Recipes to Try
- Crustless Strawberry Cheesecake
- Crustless Cheesecake in a Pie Dish
- New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Crustless Keto Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Low Carb Crustless Keto Cheesecake with Blueberries
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake (Frozen)
Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 egg large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest *omit if making plain
- 3 tbsps lemon juice *omit if making plain
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *double if making plain
Vanilla wafer crust
- 1 cup Vanilla wafers crushed
- 3 tbsps butter unsalted, melted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsps white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with double white liners.
- Spray each muffin tin with non-stick baking spray before adding the cookie mixture.
- In a bowl, crush vanilla wafers and add them to a medium bowl with 2 tbsps of sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Mix crust mixture thoroughly until all crumbs are moist.
- Equally divide the vanilla wafer mixture and press it into each of the 12 cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 325 degrees f.
- Set on top of stove until batter is ready to pour in.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add egg, and egg yolk, vanilla and sugars to bowl, lemon, and zest and continue to mix until creamy.
- Evenly divide batter into each muffin tin. Each will fill to almost the top.
- Bake on a baking sheet with 1/2 cup of water (prevents cheesecake from cracking) for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For best taste, chill for at least 3 hours.
Hi, that should still work. They will just be a little crummy and messy, but tasty!
I forgot to put the crust in to cook for 5min before adding the filling. I’m hoping it will still come out ok. I’ll update later.
Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place says
You can never go wrong with a cheesecake! Yum! I would love to try this recipe!
Ruth I says
Wow, this is definitely my new favorite. I love the simplcity and taste of the mix of flavors. I can’t wat to take a bite.
These are so cute and adorable! Perfect portion control. Can’t wait to give them a try!!
These are gorgeous! I never would have thought to use vanilla wafers for this!
I am drooling over these mini cheesecake. I should make them in weekend!
I can never turn down cheesecake. If it’s available I am getting it. These mini cheesecakes are the perfect size to satisfy my craving.
These min cheesecakes would be perfect for a summer bbq! I am always looking for easy, and delicious desserts.
Those turned out great. I love the idea of mini cheesecakes. I’ve never made mini ones before. I certainly want to now!
I would love the lemon mini cheesecakes. I love anything lemon in desserts and cheesecake is always a favorite.
Celebrate Woman Today says
Amy, these are super good looking cupcakes. I love that they’re a bite-size. You’ve just challenged me to make them.
These are super cute and look tasty! I love cheesecake so these would be great for portion control.