This vibrant tasting, super moist Pineapple Juice Poke Cake is made in a bundt pan and loaded with sweet, delicious Dole Pineapple Juice. Your family will love this easy cake that is ideal for the warmer weather.
Pineapple Juice Poke Cake is a unique and delicious pineapple-flavored dessert! This yellow cake mix based pineapple poke cake is light, airy, and buttery – just like a traditional cake. But it gets better – pineapple juice is used to make the signature pineapple flavor burst in each bite.
With its sweet pineapple taste and fluffy texture, this pineapple juice poke cake is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Plus, it’s super easy to make and can be ready in under an hour! Whether you’re looking for an impressive dessert for dinner parties or just want something special to share with family and friends, Pineapple Juice Poke Cake is the perfect treat.
My kids absolutely loved this cake! They enjoyed the sweet, buttery, pineapple glaze and the added burst of goodness that gets infused into each slice by the poke cake method. While this cake was pretty simple to make, the final result was magnificent.
Yellow Cake Mix – I love using cake mix for my semi-homemade cake bases because it helps save time. I love yellow cake base because it has a buttery flavor which complements the pineapple juice.
Eggs – Help to provide structure and allow the batter to be moist and fluffy.
Butter – I am trying to use less vegetable oil in my baked goods so I opted for melted, cooled, unsalted butter. Not only does it keep your cake batter moist and fluffy, but it adds a smoothness to every bite. You will also need melted butter for the glaze.
Pudding – You will need one, standard-sized box of vanilla instant pudding for this cake. The pudding will provide flavor, color, and adds extra moisture.
Pineapple Juice – I used Dole Pineapple juice for this cake which was used in place of water for flavor. You will also need additional juice to make the glaze.
Powdered Sugar – Helps to create the pourable glaze that is using for inside the poked holes and outside of the cake.
How to Make Pineapple Poke Cake
Start by preheating the oven to 325°F.
Grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt cake pan.
With an electric mixer blend together the cake mix, melted butter, pineapple juice & eggs into a rich, fluffy batter.
Pour the blended batter into the greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until those sweet aromas fill your kitchen. To test doneness, insert your toothpick or skewer into the center making sure it comes out cleanly. The cake should have golden edges just starting to pull away from the bundt pan walls.
Then top it off with this delectable glaze! Melt butter on low heat by stirring frequently while adding powdered sugar and more juicy pineapple juice. Once done, poke a few holes into the cake and carefully pour over the glaze to get all that goodness flowing through the cake. Remove the cake from the pan, and then add additional glaze.
Slice and enjoy this sinfully delicious pineapple cake!
Storing this delicious Pineapple Juice Bundt Cake is easy! Here are some tips to keep it fresh and tasty:
Place cake on a covered cake stand for up to 3 days. If you want to store slices individually, allow the cake glaze to firm up completely before storing. Wrap them carefully in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container.
Store the wrapped pineapple cake at room temperature for up to three days. For longer storage, place it in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze cake/slices for up to three months in an airtight container. If freezing, consider slicing and wrapping slices individually and thawing as needed.
More Tasty Pineapple Desserts
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Classic Pineapple Crisp
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- Red Velvet Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
Pineapple Juice Poke Cake
- 10-12 cup bundt pan
- oven adjusted to center rack position
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- large mixing bowl
- nonstick baking spray
- small saucepan to prepare glaze
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounces vanilla instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt cake pan.
- With an electric mixer blend together the cake mix, pudding, melted butter, pineapple juice & eggs into a rich, fluffy batter.
- Pour the blended batter into the greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 cake will be firm, and golden brown around the edges. To test doneness, insert your toothpick or skewer into the center making sure it comes out cleanly.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir frequently while adding powdered sugar and more juicy pineapple juice. The glaze will be thick and pourable.
- Once done, poke a few holes into the cake and carefully pour half of the glaze over the cake. Remove the cake from the pan, and then add additional glaze.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!