30 Minute Sausage Stuffed Shells
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & Lactalis American Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #MealSolutionMatch http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
With the cooler fall weather already in high gear here in New England, making meals that warm the belly and soul is my specialty. When things tend to cool down outdoors, I tend to heat up the indoors with my stove. Making delicious comfort meals like this 30 Minute Sausage Stuffed Shells dinner is my specialty and one that my family can appreciate!
On a trip to Stop & Shop, I did my regular grocery shop which included Barilla Jumbo Shells, Galbani Mozzarella Cheese, and Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage.
Paired with some additional cheeses, and herbs and you have yourself and rich, and tasty dinner that the whole family will love.
I paired our meal with some fresh ciabatta bread and a light salad to get those veggies in.
Want to recreate these delicious 30 Minute Sausage Stuffed Shells? Here is what you’ll need:
- Barilla Jumbo Shells -1 box
- Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- Galbani Mozzarella for Easy Shredding -1 cup
- Galbani Ricotta -1 cup
- Cottage Cheese-1 cup
- 1 cup fo Barilla Meat Sauce
- Basil for serving
- Herbs de Provence -1 tsp
- pinch of salt for pasta water
- Boil pasta in water with your pinch of salt until al dente
- Place Johnsonville Sausage Links in a frying pan or on the Sizzling Grill made especially for these sausages by Johnsonville. If cooking in a pan, cook over med heat until browned throughout ( about 8-10 mins)
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, and cottage cheeses. Add in the dried herbs
- Once the sausage are cooked throughout, let them rest for 1-2 mins and then slice them into small chunks.
- Add them to the cheese mixture.
- Once pasta shells are done, rinse them in cold water, and then strain them
- Fill each shell with the sausage cheese mixture and line them in a baking dish.
- Once done, cover in sauce and shred approx. one cup of the mozzarella over the shells.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and 350 and then serve with some bread and salad-enjoy!
Did you know that when you stop by your nearest Stop & Shop between 10/21-10/27 and purchase Barilla Pasta, Johnsonville Italian Sausage and Galbani Cheese, you’ll automatically save $3 at checkout with your store loyalty card! While supplies last.
I love that it melts perfectly, and really complements the equally flavorful Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage links.
Stuffed in the perfect-sized Barilla Jumbo Shells and you have a great meal that would also be ideal for a potluck dinner!
What are some of your favorite meals for the colder weather?