This One Bowl Banana Bread is the best quick bread recipe. It contains common pantry staples and a few refrigerator ingredients like butter, sour cream, and eggs. It is simple to make and produces a fluffy, moist loaf.
Now that the warm weather is here, my kitchen counters seem to be a magnet for fruit flies. They are everywhere once my fruit is placed in my fruit basket, and they never seem to leave!
I have little fruit fly vinegar traps everywhere, but these little buggers are getting smart! The humidity was turning my bananas ripe way too fast so I knew it was time to make some Banana Bread Made with Sour Cream.
Have you ever added sour cream to your baked goods?
Sour cream is a perfect addition to cakes and banana breads! It is such a wonderful little trick that will help you produce the tastiest, and moistest banana bread ever! You could even turn them into bananas muffins and they would still be totally delicious!
I love to add sour cream to my baked goods when I can find a good deal on it. My local market often marks down soon to be expired produce and dairy. This section of the store is such a gem because I based meals around what I can get!
When sour cream is around $0.50 a container that is when I know I can bake up a few loaves of Banana Bread Made with Sour Cream.
Since bananas are usually also marked down the minute they get a few brown specs, I can make loaves for about a $1 cost!
With many little hungry bellies to feed, this is my go-to snack and breakfast option for days when my pantry is starting to get thin. Plus, the recipe and whole baking process is pretty darn easy so it is certainly not hard to do!
One Bowl Banana Bread Ingredients
- 1 cups of ripened, mashed bananas (about 3 small bananas)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cups of white, granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream banana, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until batter is thick, creamy, and slightly lumpy.
Fill loaf pan with batter.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the loaf feels firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf should be clean when inserted, and removed.
One Bowl Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- wooden spoon/hand mixer
- rubber spatula
- Oven (adjusted to center rack)
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 large, or 3 small
- 8 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup slivered almonds optional * adds a nice flavor and texture to the bread.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine. Fold in ((optional slivered almonds)). Batter with be slightly lumpy.
- Fill parchment-lined loaf pan with batter. Bake on the center rack for 55-60 minutes. The top of the loaf with feel firm, and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf should be clean when inserted, and removed.
- Allow loaf to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!