Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich? Especially when it’s oozing with deliciousness on both sides, and paired with Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. Today, we’re taking grilled cheese to a whole new level by adding bacon jam. This stuff is seriously amazing and will make your regular grilled cheese look like child’s play. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you!
This post is sponsored by SheSpeaks and Pacific Foods®. All views expressed are that of our own. #ad
One of my favorite food combinations is a good old-fashioned grilled cheese sandwich with a side of tomato soup. Today, I wanted to share my classic bacon jam grilled cheese sandwich that is paired with a creamy, delicious bowl of Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup.
Best Tomato Soup to Dip Your Grilled Cheese In
Do you love grilled cheese sandwiches? Who doesn’t, right? And what’s better than dipping your grilled cheese sandwich into a hot and delicious bowl of tomato soup from Pacific Foods®? Not much, in our opinion.
Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup is made with fresh organic milk and sweet organic tomatoes. Onion and garlic round out the tasty flavor. Best of all, you can add a dollop of sour cream, and fresh herbs for the ultimate soup upgrade. We loved dipping our bacon jam grilled cheese into this warm soup which can also be enjoyed chilled for the summer!
What is Bacon Jam?
Now that you know we love Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup, it is time to explore our classic bacon jam recipe. This delicious condiment is made from cooked bacon, onions, and brown sugar to name a few! It takes about 40 minutes to make from start to finish but is well-worth it because it is hands-down delicious!
Best Way to Use Bacon Jam
Bacon jam is perfect on sandwiches, burgers, grilled cheese, or even just spread on a piece of toast. It’s definitely a unique flavor, but once you try it, you’ll be hooked.
Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese
Discover everything you need to make Bacon Jam in the recipe card below. But, if you’re ready for the best way to use bacon jam–look no further than this Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese! Check out how to make it below!
Preheat a grill or griddle over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
Add two slices of provolone, gouda, and bacon jam to one slice of bread. Cover with an additional slice of bread.
Lower the griddle temp. and grill the sandwiches over low heat until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes), and cheese begins to melt. Flip sandwich and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cut sandwich in half, and then serve warm with some Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup.
Now that your mouth is probably watering, be sure to serve your gourmet grilled cheese with some Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. You can jazz it up with croutons, extra cheese, fresh herbs, bacon, or even a dollop of sour cream. Regardless, it is the best store-bought tomato soup you can find at your local Walmart! Enjoy!
The Best Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese
- Large cast iron skillet
- cutting board & knife
- Wooden Spoon
- mason jar to store bacon jam
- skillet to cook grilled cheese on
- 2 pounds Applewood smoked bacon chopped
- 3 large yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 slices Country White bread
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 ounces gouda cheese sliced
- 6 tablespoons bacon jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat, and add the onion to the bacon fat. Cook, stirring often to caramelize the onion; about 20 minutes.
- Add in the fresh garlic, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, pepper, fresh thyme, and chili powder.
- Stir in the cooked bacon and over low heat, bring the mixture to a slow simmer. Cook until the liquid is mostly gone, and the mixture is jam-like.
- Allow jam to cool before storing it in a mason jar.
- Preheat a grill or griddle over medium heat. Add butter and melt.
- Add two slices of provolone, gouda, and bacon jam to one slice of bread. Cover with additional slice of bread.
- Lower the griddle temp. and grill the sandwiches over low heat until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes), and cheese begins to melt. Flip sandwich and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwich in half, and then serve warm with some Pacific Foods®Organic Creamy Tomato Soup.